What do you do when you are feeling lonely?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwcily

Reaction score
Lily's off somewhere being a rabbit. Sometimes i wish she could talk to me because it sometimes gets lonely around here! I can feel her presence but sometimes i wish that i were around people more often, where i could carry out a conversation that didn't include the words "No" and "Stop". (That's right, it's Lily's rebellious teens, haha!)

This is especially when i'm feeling down! It hasn't been such a good time for me lately and being alone just makes it worse and emphasizes my negative feelings :cry2:cry2

What do you guys do when you're lonely? (Or am i the only odd soul that wishes her rabbit could talk to her?)

I talk to all my animals, and my plants, and myself... so you're not along in wishing that your rabbit could talk to you, lol.

Feeling alone can be hard, and I really do understand that. My fiance is from the USA, I'm in Australia and we've been going back and forth in a very long-distance relationship for over 7 years now, any time we're apart it can be easy to give in to feeling alone and negative/depressed etc.

So, when I'm alone, I try to keep myself busy. I talk to friends online, I do my favourite hobbies, listen to music, and try to be proactive with things around the house. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you're trying to avoid feeling alone. Also, eating chocolate helps :p

Rabbity hugs from Bandit :)

When I am lonely or just plain bored with things I like to find a good book or movie. I love a good mystery that keeps my mind thinking (with all of the mysteries I've read & seen in movies & TV it is hard to find one that keeps my interest though). I also try to find a comedy on TV or dvd. I think that is why I love the British comedies, they are so funny. I also like mind games or puzzles. Something that keeps my mind busy. Love Suduku. Also, gardening or just hugging one of my animals. Going for walks are good but where I live now I can't unless I want to out jog the traffic! lol Sometimes just talking with a friend for a bit helps or coming online to RO to check what's happening & post something helpful if I can. That's about all I can think of that I do when I'm lonely.

I talk to all my bunnies all the time, as well as our old dog and our new birdy boy. I'll just sit and read with a little background music-(have tinnitus so I don't like being in a quiet area or the ringing drives me up a wall). One of my favorite things is to set up a follding chair in the rabbit room and read--usually end up with a bunny on my lap or my feet.

These are all wonderful suggestions! I came on yesterday because I was having a bad day and just needed someone to hear me vent. I thought it'd be a little bit weird to post on a rabbit forum but this is my favourite forum out there!

I wish I could spend more time watching movies or reading a good book but I've been really busy lately and just haven't found the time to do anything relaxing. Most of the time I just spend with Lily bouncing around on my furniture but the silence gets deafening sometimes.

I have always been the kind of person that doesn't mind being alone, but with the bad days and negative thoughts, it gets pretty tough.

Lily relays her love and thanks to everyone!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1380105704.008846.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Don't really get lonely with my wife yelling at me but the gym is 10 bucks a month and it is followed by a pint at the pub then more yelling from wifey. I have a system.

Lily is gorgeous! What about building some inexpensive agility course things or other "trick" things for you & Lily. My bunnies & I play ball games Bunny Ball is fun for the buns & me! We do soccer & are working on basketball! I get them started with a small treat like papaya or a Craisin. You don't want to give too many but the treats do help to get their interest in learning to do the "trick."

I talk to Hopper, when my family is all sleeping, but I get adult communication from my at home job. lol I'm used to saying "No" or "stop it" or "Go to your rooms" to my kids then when Hopper is out hopping around its "ah, hopper not under the desk" "Hopper not near those wires" or "Awesome flips hopper lol"

You are not alone I talk to all my animals as if they could understand me

Oh, I'm glad to know I'm not alone!
I talk to Lily in my baby voice and sometimes she just looks at me like "She's talking to me... Again" and binkies away.

It's really fun to watch her race around the house though, like she's on some rabbit race course :) seeing her so happy takes away some of the loneliness because I think well, at least one of us is having fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Well It's hard sometimes for me since I had that all my life. I play and talk to my animals. Or just lay by them relaxing with them. Knowing there here and I can pet them or talk. I had a hard time finding friends in real life who treat me right and all that. Working hard on myself too to be more out there but have a long way to go still. I suffer with depression since 8th grade and really bad anxiety/social anxiety too. My dog Leo is my best friend and been there for me. Still is. Now have about 6 animals with my rabbit. So I don't feel so much alone. But having other people than family would be nice. I just take one day at a time. Been getting more confidence so who knows.

What do you guys do when you're lonely? (Or am i the only odd soul that wishes her rabbit could talk to her?)

I think it would be awesome if my two guys started talking. :shock: I would love to hear what they have to say about me, and their existence the past 8 years. I don't really get lonely; I've always sort of preferred quiet time alone. (I probably should have been a monk, but they get up too early, and have too many things to do) :sunshine:

When I'm feeling bored/lonely I usually go outside. Take a walk in the woods that surround us. Or I walk around and look at my fruit trees. I usually always go outside when I feel like bored/lonely. I've always felt at peace outside in nature. :)

When its cold/stormy out or if I just don't want to go outside and I feel lonely I usually go online and talk to my rabbit friends on here.

Latest posts

Back