what do you do if your rabbit has a cyst or tumor? kinda gross

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ani-lover

Reaction score
my rabbit has a cyst on his leg and would like advice on what to do he is going to the vet in a few days and wonder what other rabbit owners did if they had a situation like this.:?

Welcome to the forum.
So sorry about your bunnie :(

IMO......The best thing you can do is have the vet take care of it.
Are they a rabbit savvy vet?
Have you used them before?

It could be one of many things and the vet should be able to diagnoseit and provide the options available.
I would find out exactly what isgoing to be done, before they do anything.
They may want to remove it and then have it biopsied, or may have the biopsy done prior to the surgery.
Blood tests should probably be done to see if there is anything that might be an underlaying cause.

Keep us updated!

Prayers and good thoughts sent.

`jim

I don't have any advice, but I will be :pray:

Let us know what the vet says.

What do you mean by a cyst? Is it a tissue filled lump? Rabbit abscesses can sometimes be large and round and the pus is hard like cream cheese.

Your vet might use a needle to take a sample and test it to see if it's an abscess, tumor, etc.

Tumors and abscesses can usually be surgically removed depending on their location. Abscesses would also need antibiotics. If it's a tumor your vet might run tests to see if it's spread beyond the one spot.

Let us know how it goes!

Um, that's okay. It's not like we can diagnose it over the internet. We can wait and see what the vet says. The appointment is soon, right?

Could you use Care Credit?It's like a credit card for health and medical expenses. Ifyou pay it back on their plan there's no interest. Many vets take it.

http://www.carecredit.com/

Or check here for more ideas.
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12684&forum_id=10

Since it might be an abscess, it's best to get him in to a vet ASAP. The longer an abscess is left, the more time it has to spread and the harder it is to treat. Same goes for cancer. My vet does everything he can to get a rabbit with an abscess an appointment on the same day and is willing to clear his schedule to do any necessary surgery.

Pipp wrote:
Iguess if people are squeamish, you'd better PM it. I'll postit in the Resource forum. THanks.

How's your bunny?

sas

how do i put a picture in this private message????????

Latest posts

Back