what do i do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosie20029

Reaction score
i am getting a bunny in october and it will be one of bhoffmans baby bunnies and i was wondering what do i do while i am at school and no one is home? i am a ten year old girl.

a NIC or x-pen style cage is great, as it will give them room to play and romp around a bit even when you're not home. I actually converted most of my living room into a run using two playpens together over an 8'x10' tarp with their NIC condo in a corner/attached to the pens so that they have full-time access to both... but then, my bunnies are spoiled rotten! if you don't have that much space to have pens up full-time + cage access, a large cage will suffice as long as they get to come out and run around for a few hours a day once you get home.

We used a baby gate in the hall, so ours had access to the kitchen, bathroom and family room. We now have a bunny proofed bedroom for ours to roam when we aren't around. Any space you do make, make sure there are plenty of play things.

Give the bunny lots of toys and things to occupy it, a good sized cage, and more than anything, LOTS of attention when you can be there with it.

Ok I think what I will do is let the bunny have access to its cage and my room I will be building a NIC condo for my bunny but that will be
After for now my family friend is giving me one of her own cages and she will be giving it to me for free . I will put a baby gate at the end of the hall shut all the doors exept mine and his/her cage will be open so he will have access to all its toys

the binky bunny website comes in handy for what ever you need to know thankyou now i know that if its something he isnt supposed t6o touch put perfume on it

My guy is spoiled rotten but what I did is get a big dog kennel then we used doweling and plywood to add some different levels and a ramp. Then I got an x pen knock off on kijiji for $35 so I put his cage in a corner and surrounded it with the xpen and I leave his cage door open so he can run around and play while I am at work.

This is his set up

home.jpg

His hay rack is now clipped to the outside of his cage and the dig box(the cardboard box in the corner) is gone now because he kept peeing in it. I'm going to do a new one now that he is neutered. His litter box is in the back corner of the kennel.

Anyway its a great idea without taking up to much of my small apartment and lets him hang out with the family. For a few hours each evening I will open the pen and stretch it out to block off my living room(where there are wires he can chew) and let him run in the dining room area where everything is bunny proofed and he can really stretch out to binky and run.

The mats are to keep him from chewing my carpet and prevent any stains to the carpet. They were $5 a piece at Loblaws.

Latest posts

Back