What do I do about this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leopold_Ruby

Reaction score
My english lop occasionally sneezes. Theres no mucous or anything.
Should I be concerned.

I'm not entirely sure but, if there isn't any discharge from the eyes or nose then I don't think there is a problem. Your lop could just be allergic to something in the air, or it could be dust, dirty living conditions, it's bedding, hay, etc. I've also heard in the past rabbits will sneeze when disgusted at a smell, but I'm not sure if that's true.

I can't tell you much about my experience other than that one of my rabbits has the occasional sneeze too, sometimes 5 times in a row.
Have you heard of Snuffles? Here's a good article explaining.

http://www.vetstream.com/ownerinformation/rabbit/lapis_snuffles.htm

My Felix and Clementine sneeze every so often. No mucus, no watery eyes, and it tends to go back and forth depending on the weather/hay type/food type/etc. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about unless it's happening extremely often, and/or is accompanied by a runny nose/watery eyes.

Mine sneeze every now and then. Groucho sneezed like crazy for about a week when I first got him. No mucus or anything. He is a healthy little boy.

I noticed last night that he does have a tony amount of boogers on his nose

just to be safe i would keep him away from your other rabbits. i would not worry about it. but if it does happen to be the snuffles that could be very bad.

Hes already been housed in the same room as my other rabits. Now I'm super worried! His eyes arent groopy at all.

Back