What did you pack for your bunnies when she/he got neutered?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
Bella is getting spayed in 2 weeks.. but my mum thinks it's weird if i bring her favourite bunny teddy with her and some of her blankets and toys. Should i bring these to make her feel safer?

And what did you pack for your bunnies when they got spayed?

I took a ziplock bag of pellets, her water bottle and a towel with her scent and mine on it.

i say go ahead and bring her stuffed animals and line the carrier with the blanket. I wouldn't bother with toys because she won't feel like playing. I packed fresh veggies and some carrot pieces and had the vet put them in the cage after the surgery. I would also pack some hay.

Good luck with the spay! I'm sure she'll do great! :D

This is a great question and perfect timming. My rabbits are both getting spayed in 2 weeks as well. I am cureous to hear everybodys responces.

I just did this today.
I packed: water bottle, water bowl, water, pellets, food dish, hay, treats, toys, blankets, and lettuce.
You should pack whatever you think will make your little one more comfortable. Good Luck!

I packed Oreo a towel, a zip lock full of her pellets, a big chunk of hay zip tied, and I brought a bag of spring mix with an ice pack (to stay fresh) and asked the vet to give it to her after her spay. oh and her water bottle

right ok, i will bring everything she needs like pellets, veg, hay, water bottle and treats.. and then things to make her feel more comfortable like her blanket and teddy bear :) Thanks guys! I'll show this to my mum and tell her that i'm not weird, aha :)

You can also ask your vet what they suggest you bring with your bunny.

I bring my carrier with hay, water bottle with hanger, dish with pellets and a fleece blanket. Never thought to bring fresh greens but that sounds like a good idea too.

I would ask your vet's office. They likely have water bottles, hay and pellets that they'll offer. If she's not staying overnight, I wouldn't bring much.
At one of the animal hospitals I used to work for, when dogs came in for boarding with a blanket or toys or a bed, we'd hang them in the back with their name on them but they'd never actually get them since we had blankets we swapped out of the cages and washed every day anyway.

I would rather give my own pellets as changing it might give her tummy upset and i'd rather her have her own blanket with my smell on it so she feels more comfortable, and she won't use any other water bottle except her own! lol! :) i have just asked the vets and the said bring anything i want! lol :)

Cool :)

I agree about not wanting to change up the food. Certainly don't need any upset tummies when it could have been easily avoided.

BTW, My vets office asked me to be sure to bring my own feed/pellets.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
Everything--I took them to the vet in their hutch.

I just had an image of you walking into the vet office with 5 people carring a huge rabbit hutch(like the giant outdoor ones) and one tiny little bunny going "here ya go" plopping it on the counter :laugh:

Every time I see the title of this thread I keep thinking I am reading a thread on a parenting forum about what to pack to take to the hospital when you are in labour... I think this is a sign I should step away from the computer.

I am taking a little bit of lettuce and other greens in a ziplock bag and some hay. I figure the last thing he is going to care about after losing his man hood is if he has his toys or the right water bottle.

She* :) I think she will care! aha, if i accidently get mixed up with the water bottles and give her Buckley's she won't use it! :) And i want her to have toys and blankets to feel more comfortable, as she is quite a nervous bunny anyway.. she has only become attached to me and does not really like anybody else and gets a bit shy, so i would want her to smell me on her blankets so she doesn't feel as scared :) :)

^^ I said he in relation to my bun who is getting neutered on Friday :) I should have been clear on that lol.

And I honestly really respect that you are putting this much thought into making sure she is happy and stress free. Every animal is different and all have their preferences. I know Rue wont care if he has a blanket that smells like me. However he will want something that smells like him so he will have the towel that is in his carrier :)

I really hope I didn't come across snarky. I never intended to. Sometimes the internet is hard to get the right tone, and mine was intended as playful and I think came across snarky :(

Latest posts

Back