What Colour is Vega?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
My hubby asked me what colour Vega is and of course I have no idea. This is where the great wisdom of all you people come to help me out.

I originally thought she was grey from the original pictures that were posted of her way back. But she also has some beige/brown in her.

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

Hopefully you can tell from these pictures.

Thanks

Susan:apollo:

clarzoo wrote:
Siamese Smoke Pearl and beautiful, too!

Is this simmalar to a Sable Point? cause she looks like a Sable Point or a Blue Point to me and my untrained eye I know if they have Brown Eyes they are a Sable point if they have grey/Blue eyes they are a blue point.

So I guess what I am asking what is the diffrence between a Sable point and a Siamese Smoke Pearl is?

Well, in that first picture she does look a bit like a sable point. The second picture is much more blue in color. Siamese Smoke Pearl would ideally have blue eyes.

I am not the genetics expert. But if I remember correctly- Blue point is the dilute of sable point and Siamese Smoke Pearl is the dilute of Sable (aka Siamese Sable).

Maybe Pam will be able to explain it better.

I would venture to guess Sable point, the "true" color of sable point s/b a cream body and then the points on the ears, feet, tail, and nose. (I'm talking Holland standards here, not sure if other breeds differ)

Vega is what you often see thats called "smutty" sable point...which for the longest time I thought WAS the true sable point color! I think the "smutty" is quite stunning myself!

She's gorgeous!

She looks sort of blue-ish to me, I always thought she was a smutty blue point or really pale smoke pearl?

Taking pictures with a flash doesn't help. I have a blue point marten lop and he looks cream and brown under the flash, and he's got a lot of shading.

She's either sable point or blue point (the second picture looksmore bluish).

Sable points have brown eyes, blue points have blue-gray eyes.

Pam

Latest posts

Back