What colour is my rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budgirl9

Reaction score
[align=center]
16519_051628_360000001.jpg
[/align]

Looks like a really light tortoise. She may get darker as she gets older. Is that a white spot on her nose?

If she is for sure pure bred then The white markings would indicate she is a vienna marked rabbit. This gene comes from Blue Eyed White rabbits. If she is mixed then it could indicate she has a dutch ancestor but by the looks of her and how little white she has i would say she is vienna marked.

As far as the tort color maybe shes a blue or lilac? If she is under 6months then she still might have to shed her junior coat

she is purebred Holland Lop and she is about 8 weeks old it is possible that she could have been breed with a white rabbit with blue eyes.

I think the white means she is vienna marked like Sarah said above. Im not sure on color though. I'd think orange but I could be wrong. SHes cute though!

After looking at your guide Karen I think chocolate tort too. Unless she gets darker but it would depend on how dark.

The white means that some rabbit in her ancestry was either a Blue Eyed White(BEW) rabbit or was a carrier. I'm not sure how far back a vienna carrier can be before the chance of getting a vienna marked baby would be close to none. I don't have BEWs but maybe someone who knows more about them can give insight.

Oh also she is very cute :)

They arnt rare, no. But they are pretty and I guess you could just consider them more un-common :)

Latest posts

Back