What colour (and breed if poss) are my two new buns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey76

Reaction score
Apricot; approx 12 weeks, sold as a "lapin nain" (dwarf rabbit). Currently about 12oz.

P5040025.jpg

P5030175.jpg

Mystery; approx 12 weeks old, sold as a "lapin bélier" (lop eared rabbit). Currently about 1lb.
P5040009.jpg

Both have very interesting colouring. Apricot's hair appears to be gray underneath; or at the base of the shaft and ginger on the top.

Thanks for any help :)

Apricot is a tortishell (I think that's the correct english name :XD:) and looks like a mix. Possibly lop-mix since the ears remind me of them a bit.

Mystery is harlequin-marked, and a lop-breed no doubt. But other countries have more lops than we do in Norway so I'm not sure which XD

Yup, Apricot is a tort and Mystery is a harlequin.

I don't think Apricot is a dwarf anything though. She looks like a mix breed although a breed may become apparent as she gets older. Often rabbits are sold as dwarfs to get them a home when really they aren't a dwarf at all although she might end up as a small rabbit.

Not sure what kind of lop Mystery is though.

Mystery looks like a baby mini-lop to me, but that's just a guess! I had an adult mini-lop a few years go and Mystery's body shape/ear size reminds me of her.

In any case, they are both really cute :)

Latest posts

Back