What color will my nextbox be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBigzBunnies

Reaction score
Alright, Pippen is bred to Walter. My first test breeding. Now I am trying to figure out what colors they might produce...

I think consensus was that Walter is a Broken Sable/Siamese Sable (I can post more pics if you want otherwise, his pics are here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=65619&forum_id=8 ) and Pippen is a Chocolate Otter.

I do not have Walters Pedigree(EXTREMELY irritating since they were supposed to be mailing it to me and I still never got it!!! grr) but Pippen's lines are:
Chocolate Otter/Chocolate
Choc Otter/Choc Otter/Choc/Lilac
Choc/Choc/Choc Otter/Choc Silver Marten/Choc/Black Otter/Lilac/Lilac Otter

So, is it completely random since I don't know Walters history? Or is there any possible ideas?

The most likely thing is that you will get solid and broken otters. Depending on whether Walter carries chocolate or is possibly a chocolate himself, you could get black and/or chocolate otters.

I am really hoping for another chocolate otter. Or even a solid chocolate! That was my goal, colorwise, in breeding her.... and now if I can get his head and butt in there.... we will have a good bunny! LOL Slowly working my way into better bunnies! I am going to take a picture of my starting rabbits, and someday I want to go through and hopefully see that I have improved greatly from what I started with!

I am not giving up on trying to get Walters pedigree... I am so irritated. I am hoping she is at the next rabbit show I go to...

Back