What color is this Netherland Dwarf?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleBigzBunnies

Reaction score
Got my little Black Silver Marten today and we are in love... Sweet little girl... We named her Lydia... We are hoping next month to be showing her in Ellensburg, WA.... I have some high hopes for this girl....

LydiaPose.jpg

We also got Walter... He was slated to be snake food, but I took him home. He is a little overweight and so we are going to see if we can get him down to show size, if not, he will be a good pet. He is a pretty nice little guy. He has a awesome temperament and a very nice typey head and body..... However, I am not sure what color he is. I was told Broken Seal, and then someone else said Broken Chocolate, and yet another person said Broken Torte......

So what color is Walter???

WalterTop.jpg

WalterFace.jpg

WalterTopFace.jpg

WalterRSide.jpg

WalterLSide.jpg

WalterStretched.jpg

Walter looks like a broken siamese sable to me. Definitely not chocolate, probably not seal (which appears more as black, usually), and appears too dark to be tort.

LittleBigzBunnies wrote:
I had another person on another forum say Broken Sable.... What is the difference between that and Broken Siamese Sable?
There is no difference. Those are the same color.

I am sorry to say though that Walter will not be showable. Whatever his color is, there is not enough of it on him to show. Brokens are supposed to have between 10% and 50% color on their bodies in order to show.

That is fine.... I did not get him as a show bunny... The little girl I did, but he is a save from snake food. So he is most likely just a pet. I may try a breeding with him to see if I can get a nicer broken but not sure yet. He has been bred before and had nice kits(that is what they said at least, it was prior to me getting him). Either way, he was too nice a bunny to fill a snakes belly... He is a sweety.

Any opinions on my little doe though? She is just under 8 weeks. Personally I would have preferred her to stay with mom a little longer but she is eating and drinking good. She is already learning to pose... She is a total doll. Hoping she turns out well....

Walter has plenty of pattern color to be shown (note the big stripe over his back in one of the first photos) - just not sure if it's a showable color. Are the spots black and orange? He looks tri colored on my monitor.

Honestly, I am extremely jealous of your little girl. She looks like she will be great. Silver marten is my absolute favorite color. :)

thank you! I don't think the pics are that great really but I appreciate the compliment! I am a photographer and I prefer to photograph animals.... Here are some other ones when I was just playing around:

Another of Lydia, my black silver marten:

LydiaYard.jpg

Here is a picture of my little orange boy, Benjamin(going through his 'uglies') playing in the neighbors dandelion yard....

Benjamin5-27-11.jpg

And Pippen, my chocolate otter girl....

Pippen5-27-11.jpg

My littlest girls, Brier(broken Orange) and Lilah (broken Chestnut)- Not a great pic, but cute:

LilahandBrier.jpg

Latest posts

Back