What color is this girl?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pharfly

Reaction score
Fatty is 4 weeks old she is from a castor rex and a broken tort lionhead.

051-6.jpg

Eyes look blue/dilute
035-9.jpg

Her under coat is white in the middle and blue on her sides
031-16.jpg

All her siblings that survived are broken black otters.

My guess is opal tort? Agouti + dilute + non-extension. Any ideas? She looked blue otter for the longest time.
3 days old
001-55.jpg

Thanks for help :) Her name is Fatty because she is much bigger then the rest, today she weights 1lb 3 oz. Her brothers are just under a lb.

I think she is a very weird colored lynx. This actually doesn't surprise me and is the reason Agouti's (Castor) are not to be mixed with shadeds (tort).

There are very obvious agouti or tan patterns such as the rings around the eyes and the nostrils that a tort would not have so i dont think shes exclusively a tort but maybe a mix between the two.

Last edited:
I certainly dont know genetics but here are the genetic codes for the colors. Do you know if the tort lionhead was black or blue?

Castor A-B-C-D-E

Black Tort aaB-C-D-ee

Blue Tort aaB-C-ddee

Lynx A-bbC-ddE-

Now looking Lynx cant be it because it has bb which means it comes from the recessive of chocolate. Maybe he could be a blue tort otter which is a(t)-B-C-ddee

Here is a little about them "
Blue Tort Otter: a(t)_ B_ C_ dd ee
The tan pattern (“otter”) allele blocks ASIP from beingexpressed on thebody of the rabbit. Therefore,pheomelaninis produced only around nose, eyes, etc. andthey areorange or fawn in color. However, for the tan pattern allele to work the rabbit must also have the full extension allele. If therabbit is non-extension, those areas will be white instead
of orange or fawn. This is why tort otters have agouti-likemarkings. The non-extension also lightens the overallcolor of the rabbit as eumelanin production switches topheomelanin. The dilute lightens the color even more."
http://www.amysrabbitranch.com/Color%26Genetics/ColorConfusionLynxCream2.pdf

Last edited:
I'm not seeing a tan or agouti pattern on my screen. Otters especially should have very bold lacing. Agoutis can sometimes be less obvious, but she appears self-based over here.

Its awful light to be blue tort. As a tortoise dutch breeder and a cinnamon breeder. Tortoise should be more orange even in the blue torts. Tortoise is rusty orange by standard. I lean toward a Blue Cream- Color on the body, head, ears, feet, and top of tail is to be creamy beige, carried well down toward the skin. Eye circles, inside of ears, underside of jowls, underside of tail, and belly are to be white. Eyes-Blue gray Group-Wide Band. This is the creams standard but the blue undercoat is a blue cream trait.

Back