What color is MooMoo?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexLovables

Reaction score
MooMoo008.jpg

Is she Broken? or is she blanketed? or what is she?

I can not tell if she is black or sable but she is broken. Blanketed is really only used in big breeds if I remember right. Mini rex has broken, broken "spotted" which is where all the color is spotted insted of together but I do not know what causes it as I have only saw pictures, and booted which is where, usually, most of the bosy is color and only the underside and legs/face has white.

The Mini Rex standard (as do a number of other standards) make mention of spotted, patched, and blanket patterns. In most breeds, the balance of the pattern is more important than the type of pattern. The English Lop standard is an exception,because the preference is a blanket pattern.

In the UK, brokens are referred to as "butterflies".

The rabbit in the photo appears to have more of a patched pattern rather than a solid blanket or individual "dalmation" spots.

Pam

The exact color is hard to discern from the photo.

Appears to be a broken black? charlie (no nose marking from what I can see) with a patchy broken pattern.

What color are the eyes? Are they dark brown? Is there a ruby glow to the eye in subdued light?

Pam

pamnock wrote:
The exact color is hard to discern from the photo.

Appears to be a broken black? charlie (no nose marking from what I can see) with a patchy broken pattern.

What color are the eyes? Are they dark brown? Is there a ruby glow to the eye in subdued light?

Pam
Her eyes are DARK, no red in the sunlight or anything like that. she has no markings on her nose, her nose is white.

Back