What color is Howie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EEEM

Reaction score
So, I'm always amazed by all the rabbitknowledge around here and was wondering what color is Howie,exactly? I would just call him gray, but I figure there'ssomething more specific to be said about him. And I'm alwayscurious to learn. So what would his actual color be called?

howie.jpg

howie2.jpg

He's a jersey wooly, of course. And adult, not sure of agesince he came from a confiscation. When you blow on his furhis undercoat is white. He has more white right around hismouth and the little strip near around his chin, which sort of shows upin the photos. No white feet or any other markings.

From the pics, looks like Squirrel.Would need to know if the fur has black tips or blueish tips.If it has blueish tips it is a Squirrel, if black tips then it is aChinchilla.

I agree with Starlight . . .

At first glance, I thought squirrel, but looking closer, appeared that it could be Opal.

The squirrel would have a white/pearlish band when you blow into the fur, where the Opal would have a fawn intermediate band.

Pam

I'll try to get some pics of him outsidetoday. When I first saw him in sunlight I definitely saw sometannish, so I guess fawn, fur mixed in there and thought "wow, howinteresting!" So maybe we've got an opal.

It's all so interesting. :) Thanks! I'lltry to get some photos tonight and see if we can get a more definitiveanswer.

Yep, I would think squirrel too. I'm not sure onthe Woolies yet, but could u maybe get a picture of more of his back?That might help with the concerns about him being opal.

Kat

Here are a couple more shots of him. Ithink you can see the fawn bands a little better here.They're still not great. There's just a hint in hisundercoat, but his top coat is definitely tipped with sort of a darkblue, not black.

judygroomhowie.jpg

judyhowielaying.jpg

judyhowie.jpg

Latest posts

Back