What Color Is Binnie?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyBean16

Reaction score
What color is Binnie? I have absolutely no clue. :p Her color and markings is very unique and confusing.
image.jpg

Oh and her feet, ears, tail, and nose is almost solid brown.

Last edited:
I think he is a darker chestnut agouti however because he is molting it makes his color look I different in certain spots. Does he have a lighter orange color behind his ears? So there is a possibility that he is a gold tipped steel compare these pictures to the color of your rabbit.

This is a chestnut agouti rabbit
ARRsJesse-side.jpg

This is a gold-tipped steel rabbit\
rho-gtsteel.jpg

They are two very similar colors, but can you see the little tuff of orange colored fur? If your rabbit has that I would say chestnut agouti. I still not sure if he is a gold tipped steel because he doesn't seem to have a lot of gold tipping on him, but that could be because he is molting right now.

He could also be a silver tipped steel but I dont have any pics of them

Last edited:
She has the pattern of a Himalayan rabbit on her nose, feet, tail,and ears but then she seem to me to have the body color between chestnut agouti and gold-tip steel. She also has a lighter triangle part behind her neck. I never had a rabbit this color. I have both of the parents. Her father was a black lionhead and her momma was an black NewZealand. She was the only bun that color in her litter , the rest were black, she stood out.

New Zealands commonly create gold tipped steel babies. That is what she appears to be. Chestnut agoutis will have a ring pattern when the fur is parted and steels do not. Steels only have dispersed ticking over the whole body.

Latest posts

Back