What color do you guys think this is?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celestial Wind

Reaction score
Hi guys

I would like your oppinion I bred my REW doe to My Tort buck and theygave me 5 kits two witch are torts and 3 I thought were going to berews butI am having second thoughts cause there fur isgetting darker and there skin is not pink I am thinking sable points.there nose paws tail and ears skin is darker then there bodies and thefur is a bit darker. This is the first time I bred for solid colors andwould just like your oppinion on this. Attached is a pic of one of thekits

What colors are the parents of the REW doe? Do you have any idea?

I'm honestly not sure what this is - I have a couple of suspicions butI'd like to wait and have Pam or someone else weigh in on it.

Peg

Sorry Mom is a REW her sire is a sable point and her dam is a black.

dad is a tort his sire is a Fawn and his dam is a Tort

here is another pic of the kit. It is hard to get a good shot of them cause they are so wiggly :bunnydance:

ah - then sable point makes sense.

To me the picture looked a bit dark and I wondered if it could be chocolate....

Probably sable point though.

Based on the parent combo, sable point soundslike a high probability. That second picture looks like a sable point,so I'd say that's what you got. The shadeds like to change colors untilthey molt into their senior coat- so it's possible they are somethingelse.

Congrats on the new babies!

Thanks for all your help guys

now if I am correct I have to wait till the kits open there eyes to seeif they are actally sable point they will have brown eyes, if they areblue point they will have blue/grey eyes.

Celestial Wind wrote:
now if I am correct I have to wait till the kits open there eyes to seeif they are actally sable point they will have brown eyes, if they areblue point they will have blue/grey eyes.

Correct

Latest posts

Back