What color are these mini lop babies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
These kits belong to my broken black mini lop doe. The dad is a chestnut agouti. I accidently left the pedigree book at my moms when I was visiting her this weekend so I can't tell you what all he has in his pedigree but I remember in her pedigree there is sable, sable point, blacks, steels, and I think there was black and blue chinchilla's in one of their pedigrees. I can tell you for sure later ( will just call my mom and have her read it off to me).

So far I can tell there are two broken blacks, three that I am pretty sure are black chinchilla(deff have the grey). and then these three.

The greyish one is the same color all over, but doesn't seem to be evenly colored, it just doesn't look like a blue to me, though it would be just fine if it was, the broken one I think is the same color as this one just broken. Then there is the dark one. It started out black, and is just now at 12 days starting to show some ticking. It is NOT gold tipped steel I have a whole litter of gold tipped steel and this is deff not the same color as they are. It has no gold in its ticking at all. Perhaps silver tipped steel??? I know there where a lot of steels in both pedigrees, of many different colors including I think one blue silver tipped steel. I don't see any ticking on the blueish grey one, but I could be wrong. Here are the pictures I took today.

The blue/grey kits
SchmidtsSM4AK384sbrkNSolidMysterykits2.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sbrkNSolidMysterykits.jpg

The dark one and the blue/grey one
SchmidtsSM4AK384sMysterykits12days2.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMysterykits12days.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMysterykits3.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMysterykits2.jpg

Belly shots of the dark one and then of the two solids together
SchmidtsSM4AK384sMysterykit1.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMysterykitsbellys.jpg

For comparison
The chinchilla looking ones and the blacks (all broken)
SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKitsrkblackNbrkchinchilla2.jpg

SchmidtsSM4AK384sMarchKitsrkblackNbrkchinchilla.jpg

From the other litter the gold tipped steels (same age as the others)
SchmidtsC22SchmidtsCT10MarchKits4solidGTSkits.jpg

Thanks in advance,

I'm really just learning colors myself.

First off, beautiful kits, all of them.

For the solid black changing colors, could be silver tip steel. I hope others like Sarah, who's really good at guessing colors comes on to help.

K:)

The blue/gray one kind of looks like the color my Mumford is. I don't know what color he is exactly (or even his breed) but he does have some white on him, and here's a picture of him for comparison:

Screenshot2012-01-24at95310PM.png

The babies are super cute btw!

So I emailed pictures to the breeders (the people I got the doe from and the people who own the buck she is bred to, amazing people by the way) Both replied with Silver tipped steels, a blue and a black. Mom has a lot of silver tipped black steel in her pedigree, I can't look at the dads right this minute (forgot it at my mothers) but am for the minute thinking that is what they are.

I know what color they are: CUTE COLOR lol

You've got some adorable little bunnies there! Congrats!

Shayhara, I cannot wait to see the Silver Tipped Steel as it gets older, I think that is a beautiful color.

I love the silver tipped blue steels too. I am having a hard time finding good pictures of a silver tipped black steel. But its nice that I have three different steels between the two litters!

Here are some new pictures of them. My grey is looking to be a lilac ( self blue chin has also been mentioned). It is also a boy! and a pretty one at that. He will be staying for quite some time.

Here are some new pictures of them taken yesterday at exactly 4 weeks old!

CT10's litter - 4 gold tipped black steels, two broken gold tipped black steels and one broken chestnut agouti
The Gold tipped steels
CT10sgoldtippedsteelkit4at4wks.jpg

CT10sgoldtippedsteelkit3at4wks.jpg

CT10sgoldtippedsteelkit2at4wks.jpg

CT10sgoldtippedsteelkit1frontat4wks.jpg

The broken gold tipped black steels
#1 - One of my favorites
CT10sbrkgoldtippedsteelkit1at4wksfront.jpg

CT10sbrkgoldtippedsteelkit1at4wksside.jpg

CT10sbrkgoldtippedsteelkit1at4wks.jpg

CT10sbrkgoldtippedsteelkit2at4wks.jpg

The broken chestnut agouti
#1 - I really like this one (not sure if it's a boy or a girl)
CT10sbrokenchestnutagoutisideagain4wks.jpg

CT10sbrokenchestnutagoutiside4wks.jpg

CT10sbrokenchestnutagouti4wks.jpg

AK384 (Moppet's) litter - one silver tipped black steel, two broken black, three broken silver tipped black steel, and two that I have no idea what color they are but one is solid and one is broken.
Silver tipped black steel
#1 - Buck - will be going to a pet home due to a tear on his ear
AK384sSlvTpdBlkSTLSolid.jpg

AK384sSlvTpdBlkSTLface.jpg

Broken Silver tipped black steel - Two are girls one is a boy, but I don't remember which is which
#1 - has a tear in her ear
AK384sSlvTpdBlkSTLnickedearface.jpg

AK384sSlvTpdBlkSTLnickedEarDoe2.jpg

AK384sSlvTpdBlkSTLnickedEarDoe.jpg

AK384sSlvTpdBlkSTL.jpg

AK384sSlvTpdBlkST3side.jpg

AK384sSlvTpdBlkST3.jpg

Broken Black - both does
AK384sbrkblkdoekitfostered4wks2.jpg

AK384sbrkblkdoekitfostered4wks.jpg

Greyish (any ideas on color?) He is a buck
AK384sgreykitface2.jpg

Broken Greyish - doe
AK384sbrokengreykitface.jpg

Awwww! Could you take some more pictures of the broken chestnut agouti? My Rory is a broken chestnut agouti mini lop and I got him at 8 months old so I never had the joy of seeing him as a baby. So cool to know what he must have looked like! Such a cutie pie that little baby is :)

As requested more pictures of the broken chestnut agouti, one from thursday and the rest are from last Monday. I also included a couple others I took last monday.

The broken chestnut agouti
CT10sChestnutagoutiinBasket.jpg

CT10sChestnutagoutiinBasket2.jpg

CT10sChestnutagoutiinBasket3.jpg

CT10schestnutagoutisbutt.jpg

Moppet's babies
Moppetsbabies3wksInBasket.jpg

Moppetsbabies3wksInBasket2.jpg

They are truly precious! Love that face and those droopy ears!

Have to say really like the coloring of the Broken Chestnut Agouti! But think all of them are stunning!

K:)

Latest posts

Back