What can I use for the bottom of the cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fondew

Reaction score
Looking for some ideas to line the bottom of the cage. What do you guys use?

My girls refuse to use their litter box so I line the bottom of the cage the old fashioned way: newspaper.

Is this a solid floor cage or a wire floorcage? Wire floor (in the basket underneath) I'd say newspaperwith a litter box above or below the wire where they pottymost. Solid floor, it depends on your rabbit. Mydutch has a litterbox with Carefresh and a straw mat on thefloor. He plays with the mat but would rather lie on the barefloor. My Nethie became used to Carefresh all over herfloor. If I take it out and leave only the litterbox, shespends the whole day in the litterbox. Carefresh is morepricey, but it is soft, comfortable, and absorbent. The WoodyPet that so many people use here is great for litterboxes, but looksless comfortable over the rest of the cage.

Oh, and some people put a whole bunch of newspaper on their solid floor cage.:D

Thanks for the answers. I was thinkingabout newspaper but I was just looking for the rabbit to be mostcomfortable.

The cage has large openings on the bottom. I had a blanket in there but he has started to chew on it.

Latest posts

Back