what can i expect after neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopeG

Reaction score
I have a male bunny who's almost 4 months old. I plan on taking him in to get neutered within the next couple months possibly. What kind of behavior can I expect after a neuter? Will he become somewhat lazy, like how dogs and cats do or are rabbits different? Sometimes, he acts a little crazy when I putting him back in his cage or somedays it just seems like he doesn't want to get picked up and acts all wild. Is this typical for his age and will he calm down a little after a neuter?

Their personalities should return to what they were before they got hormonal. Is he now acting differently from what he was like a month or 2 ago? If not, hormone-driven behavior hasn't really set in yet. In fact, for some male rabbits, those behaviors never set in. It's not very usual, but if it should happen to become his situation, you may not want to have him neutered at all, if you's sure he's going to remain an only rabbit. For females it's fairly clear that spaying leads to a longer life by eliminating the chance of reproductive cancers, but this doesn't seem to be the case for males getting neutered.

Our cookie was neutered in march, and he has actually become MORE active and inquisitive since he was neutered! I think before the neuter he was so hormonally obsessive that he wasn't very curious about the world around him... But NOW? He has so much fun exploring the house and getting into mischief :D

And I've owned LOTS of dogs and Never had one get lazy after it was fixed... :)

Latest posts

Back