what can i do to help itching of healed boo boo?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vona

Reaction score
i got Pepper fixed on jan 28th she did absolutly great. she was eating by the next morning evencmunched a little that night! anyway its pretty much totally healed now but today i noticed it looks kinda flaky like its dry and shes been cleaning her tummy which i realized she was nipping to try and get her itch because she pulled out a little bit of fur a little while ago :( i was just wondering if i could help her? unscented lotion? baby lotion? cocoa butter? please help

I'm pretty sure you can use coconut oil. It's a great way to heal scars and scabs, add moisture and protection to the skin, just make sure it's organic. If you look a lot of pet stores sell it as well, just rub a tsp on there!

Good luck!

Is the surgical glue absorbed entirely? If not, I would ask the vet what kind of lotion if any to use. Mineral oil or a food oil is probably ok, but you won't want to put too much on there. She may just have dry skin from the area being shaved so there's no fur to keep the natural oils around. Baby lotion that's ok to ingest is probably ok, but sometimes humans and bunnies have different things they can eat--case in point, the dark part of chocolate. Cocoa butter is probably ok because it doesn't contain theobromide or caffeine like the dark portions of chocolate, but I would avoid it.

she had disolvable stiches...they appear to be completly disolved. ive just been keeping a close eye on her and shes stopped paying attention to it so im assuming its no longer bothering her. her hair has recently started to return so maybe that helps her some. thanks everyone for the help! :)

Latest posts

Back