What breeds are my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two girls, Lucy and Abby. Lucy is about 4, we think, and Abby is 2. Lucy is a small rabbit with white fur and blue eyes. Abby is a VERY small rabbit. Abby's fur changed from solid dark gray to dark grey on her paws, tail, nose, and ears, and light gray everywhere else. What breed are they?

tumblr_ll457drJEe1qicspho1_400.jpg

tumblr_ll4563NWAI1qicspho1_250.jpg

They are both Netherland Dwarf rabbits it looks like, although Lucy could be a mix, but not because of her blue eyes. There are many netherland dwarfs who are blue eyed whites like Lucy. She could also just be a false dwarf, and that would make her bigger. Abby is definitely a netherland dwarf and her color is called Siamese smoke pearl.

I did not mean that her blue eyes made her a mix. I have heard that the blue eyes are a trait found in netherlands dwarf's. I said mix because she looked to big and her ears are to long to be purebred. But good call on she color :D

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
I said mix because she looked to big and her ears are to long to be purebred. But good call on she color :D
Just because she is big and her ears are long does not mean shes a mix.
She could be a purebred- false dwarf or BUD.

I think they're both full blooded ND. The top one is obvious. The BEW I would say has the longer ears, because BEW in nearly every breed doesn't have nearly as good type as more popular colors.

Latest posts

Back