What breed/mix might she be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EbunnysMum

Reaction score
I just got my Ebunny fairly recently. She was billed as a buck, ended up a doe. That bothers me absolutely none. I plan to get her spayed as soon as I can get all the money. I was wondering what kind of bun she might be. She is about a foot long, and solid black, estimated weight of 8lbs. Her age is unknown right now.
15713_012225_010000000.jpg

15713_012225_500000000.jpg

15713_012224_120000000.jpg

Thanks CoolWater! Now that I have a place to start, you are right, she does seem very much like a Flemish Giant to me too. I am perfectly okay with that, but by the statistics my bun may be younger than I thought....hmmm....:dunno

Thanks Blaze_Amita! Well, I am not sure, but Ebunny's ears are longer and more slender than the New Zealand photos I have seen, and her fur seems different too...I appreciate ALL opinions, because I just cannot tell, lol. She may be a Flemmie, just a young bun. She was wandering around a field by a friends home. We knew she was a domestic breed and caught her, but what breed/age is the great puzzle of the moment!:?

She could be a Flemmie cross too. Those huge ears look Flemmie to me, but the weight isn't right. Though, I've seen some smaller Flemmies under 10lbs here at the fair here. You just never know with rescues.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Thanks Rue! I think maybe she may be a mix or just young. I mean if she is a Flemmie, she may be young. Flemmies go through 8 pounds on the way to full size, right? She does seem to be growing daily, to the point I was a bit worried she was gonna end up overweight, but if she is getting longer too, then that isn't so bad. I guess time will tell.

She is a spitting image of one of my New Zealand Checkered Giant crosses. She appears to have that arch and the large ears.

Latest posts

Back