What breed is this stray?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a rescued male bunny who was highly aggressive as you describe with the biting the hand that feeds him and charging. He'd grunt too and claw with his front paws while biting. What I learned to do was to use a dust pan before I put a hand in. He eventually learned that his attacks did nothing to get rid of me. I'd put in a dust pan and not move it.. just use it as a shield of sorts, he'd attack it until he realized it wasn't leaving from his attack, and when he'd stop I'd give him treats, his daily pellets, and talk calmly to him, then sit there next to his cage until he ate them. Then I would leave, and I did the same thing every day. Eventually he learned to trust me and take food from my hands while I pet him. He'd still grunt every time I opened his door but never once did he attack again. He'd nudge for food, but his aggression was gone one he learned I wasn't there to force him to do anything or hurt him. It did take a while before I could even pick him up, but earning the trust of a previously abused bunny is very rewarding if you have the patience. Good luck!

:yeahthat: We have a large girl named Lilli. She grunts every time I open her door then comes over and nudges my hand for a rub. She really gets noisy if it's treat or veggie time--it's like she's telling me to hurry up. She's never bitten or scratched, just grunts.

Latest posts

Back