What breed is this bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have more pictures of him or her? Usually having a side view, top view, and front view is best. Especially photos that show his/her size in relation to other household objects.

Do you know how old the rabbit is?

Unfortunately the lil guy probably shouldn't have been separated from his mom yet :( I'm guessing he might be about 8- 9 weeks old?

I know a lot of rabbits look alike when they are young so it might be too hard to tell. I have two more pictures. I thought I uploaded them but for some reason they didnt post and I'm having issues attaching more than one picture at a time (I'm on an ipad)

image.jpg

8 weeks is just the right time to leave mom if it is a domestic bunny. What a cutie! I don't see any outstanding defining features, but if you know for sure it is 8-9 weeks old, it looks pretty big for its age in that pic with the phone. So I'd say one of the bigger breeds, possibly Flemish?

If he is 8-9 weeks old, he's old enough. :) Usually kits are weaned (separated from mom) around 6 weeks old, then they can be rehomed anytime after 8 weeks.

Based on the photos, I don't think he will get anywhere near as large as a Flemish. His features look a little bit dwarfy. He's not quite short and stocky enough that I'd guess purebred Netherland Dwarf, but I do suspect a small or medium breed mix.

It's difficult to give a definitive answer without history on a rabbit because their characteristics often don't hold for more than a generation or two. For example, even if you're breeding a purebred Mini Lop to a purebred Dutch rabbit, the offspring may not really resemble either breed (even by color).

He reminds me of a netherland dwarf mix, definitely not a flemish. I know with my holland lop being 9 weeks he is probably 1/2 the size of his mom, although he is a lot lighter than her. 8 weeks old is the age rabbits can start being rehomed so he's not too young they are weaned at 6 weeks of age.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

He looks like a mix of two medium breed of rabbit.

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back