What breed is she?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daytripper

Reaction score
I only have the picture in my avatar of Norah. She has an agouti coloration, her ears are tipped with black and her tail is black. Her underside is white, and the nape of her neck is a sepia-ish brown color. She is over all just a big mixture of brown and gray. I would really like a good idea. I think she is possibly a standard chinchilla.

Here is an enlarged picture. I thought she might be a cinamon as well...but her fur isn't really very characteristic of a cinamon, it's just the way the light is hitting her. That rust color is only on the back of her neck. The rest is the black, blue, and brown agouti bands. I've had her about a month and I'd assume she was about 8 weeks when I got her, so she's probably about 3 months old? I'm unsure about her weight, I'd estimate maybe 4 or 5lbs?

It's really hard to tell with a bun that young. Her coloring appears to be standard agouti (or I think it's also called chestnut). The coloring at the nape of the neck and agouti bands are all standard for that coloring.

Unfortunately, lots of bunnies can have this coloring, so it's hard to pinpoint a breed.

Where did you get her from?

Also, I believe that chinchilla rabbits only come in the grey forms of agouti - not the brown form. So I don't think that is her breed.

Some of the breed experts may be able to make some guesses, but if you post some more pics in a few months I think we'll have a better idea of what she might be.

Looks like a cutie to me, but that's about all I can tell you ;-)

Latest posts

Back