What breed is my rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danger_and_Gypsy

Reaction score
I bought a new rabbit and the previous owner didn't know what breed she is. Can some rabbit experts please let me know? She is 8 months and quite large.

image.jpg

Last edited:
She is so gorgeous!!! :D

With ears that large I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Flemish Giant in her. :)

She does look like one but definitely not as big! The pet shop apparently sold her as a Netherlands Dwarf, clearly they had no clue!

That is so funny that the pet shop sold her as a Netherland dwarf! She is the opposite of a Netherland dwarf! I don't know her breed, but she is beautiful! She looks like a mix of some sort.

About how much does she weigh? I agree with ears that large flemish giant cross is definitely a contender

She does look like one but definitely not as big! The pet shop apparently sold her as a Netherlands Dwarf, clearly they had no clue!

That is insane! They're probably just trying to get away with it rather than being ignorant to the breed. Most people who often don't know much about bunnies want a small breed, so pet stores will sell them as generic mini lops or dwarf lop mixes etc.

Can you please try and post some better photos of her? especially a side on profile shot. Neither of the photos provided show her true body style/shape. As well please include a current weight.
Here are some guidelines for types of photos that are useful.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f20/how-get-better-critique-including-guess-breed-evaluations-76391/
Thanks for your help! I have attached a photo of her side on. The top of her back is about 8 inches tall, at 8-months. Also, this only a guess but I think she weighs around 3kgs.

Gypsy side on.jpg

Latest posts

Back