What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinnysmum

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forum. My son's science teacher gave us a bunny that is now almost 11 weeks old. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me what kind of bunny I have. I have included a few pics. The last pic is one I took the day we got him. If you need to see more pics, please let me know.

DSC03247.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSC03246.jpg

2011-06-07084601.jpg

Thanks!

I'd like to thank everyone for their responses so far! Sorry I didn't provide more information. I was just so excited to find this place!

Cinnabun will be 11 weeks old this Thursday. He is 13" long and weighs 4.2 pounds (1.9kg). I don't know much about the parents except the mom is chocolate with whiskers like my bunny.

Awwww :) My first bunny was named Cinnabun! Good choice :) Your boy is adorable. I agree, he looks like a rex mix or mini rex mix. His fur isn't right to be a rex but the whiskers are curly like rex whiskers and from the front he looks rexy (not counting the fur). Very cute!

The first thing I thought was red new zealand, but with the whiskers I agree that it's a rex mix. I'm thinking red new zealand mixed with standard rex, based on the weight at this age.

Oh, and he doesn't need the salt lick that's on his cage in the last pic :)

He's definitely a rex (standard). At over 4 lbs, he's too big to be a mini at his age. And his fur wouldn't be rex if he was a cross (unless he's 3/4), although it doesn't have the density of good lines, so it's possible he's 3/4. He has amazing color! I think he may very well be a red (although a little on the light side), but his shading is superb! Is his belly white(ish) or that same cream?

Have fun with him, Rex are real sweethearts! (Just watch out--they can be really smart, too!)

plasticbunny wrote:
The first thing I thought was red new zealand, but with the whiskers I agree that it's a rex mix.  I'm thinking red new zealand mixed with standard rex, based on the weight at this age.

Oh, and he doesn't need the salt lick that's on his cage in the last pic :)

I have removed the salt wheel from his cage. Thanks so much for your help and the heads-up! Much appreciated!!:biggrin:

hillrise wrote:
Is his belly white(ish) or that same cream?

His belly is definitely cream colored. And yes, he is such a sweet and very smart little guy...he has totally stolen my heart. Thanks so much for the information!

:jealous: Reds with good cream bellies are very hard to find! Although, looking at the pics again, I think it's possible he's actually a chocolate tortoiseshell. Either way, he's still very cute, and will make a very awesome pet.

Latest posts

Back