What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dutch can have pretty messed up markings. I just didnt feel dutch when i viewed the pictures. I was feeling Vienna marked something but im not sure of what.
The head is just really snipey in my opinion to be a dutch. i dont raise them though but my friends do and im not so sure.

la vie est belle wrote:
What do you mean by snipey? Not sure I've heard that adjective before lol.

From the ARBA Standard of Perfection:

Snipey- An elongated, narrow head, usually terminating in a pinched muzzle.

The Vienna (BEW) gene can also produce markings similar to those your rabbit has.

woahlookitsme wrote:
dutch can have pretty messed up markings. I just didnt feel dutch when i viewed the pictures. I was feeling Vienna marked something but im not sure of what.
The head is just really snipey in my opinion to be a dutch. i dont raise them though but my friends do and im not so sure.

I agree...the body type/head almost reminds me of a Mini Rex cross. It's difficult to know for sure, but my guess would probably be a vienna marked Mini Rex cross. He looks about the right size for that and, although Rex usually have a shorter, more boxy head and shorter ears too, potentially being a cross and also from BEW (blue-eyed-white), you never know what you're gonna get type-wise. Just a (very) wild guess though- could be something else entirely.

I would not suspect Dutch based on his features.

Definitely seeing some Dutch there, one of my Dutch always gave birth to kits with "snipey" heads. But the body structure and ears all say Dutch to me. May not be a cross,may just be a poor quality that was sold as a pet.

Latest posts

Back