What breed is my bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missmerlin2010

Reaction score
Does anyone know what breed my bunny is? Here are some pics!

ilf4on.jpg

25s3qkm.jpg

oqdtmb.jpg

30k6ohh.jpg

wivj4o.jpg

2yya9ag.jpg

He is very sweet, and gentle, and he doesn't wiggle when I hold him. Does anyone know what breed he is????????? :?

I think he is about 10 to 11 inches from front to back, not counting his head. (He is sleeping right now, so i can't really measure him.

Looks like a netherland dwarf to me :)

That is what I thought, but then i thought that he might be too big to be one. I don't know what their usual size is. I weighed him and he was 3 1/2 or 4 pounds.

Definitally a netherland dwarf. 4 lbs doesnt mean he isnt full blooded. Dwarfs have a gene that makes them little. His size just means he didnt get the gene and isnt considered a "true dwarf." There is a 1 in 4 chance a dwarf will be like that if both parents are true dwarfs. I havenetherlands and one of my true dwarf's mother was 4 lbs. So its not a bad thing at all. =) Just means it isnt showable

CalifornianKit wrote:
Definitally a netherland dwarf. 4 lbs doesnt mean he isnt full blooded. Dwarfs have a gene that makes them little. His size just means he didnt get the gene and isnt considered a "true dwarf." There is a 1 in 4 chance a dwarf will be like that if both parents are true dwarfs. I havenetherlands and one of my true dwarf's mother was 4 lbs. So its not a bad thing at all. =) Just means it isnt showable
I would like to agree.

I had a big dwarf like him to rehome at one point. purebred pedigreed and everything(including neutered) but he was 3 adn 3/4 pounds and that was fit! LOL. Same color and everything as your baby.

Latest posts

Back