What breed is my bunny Oreo? Also, would be a great help if anyone could recognise his age.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am attaching a picture of my baby, Oreo. We had him for about two weeks now. He roams freely around the house (free roam bunny), because the thought of keeping him in a cage fills me with sadness. I guess he has adjusted well with us. Since me and my boyfriend are new bunny parents, we have no idea what breed our bunny is or how old he js, and hopefully figuring that out will help us in curating a perfect diet for our baby. Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Looks like a Dutch mix. The back of the picture is fuzzy to me so I can’t see details in fur to determine full breed or mix breed. A guess at age can be done based on weight if your bun but will only determine if he is a junior or senior over or under 6months and it is only an estimate based on weight

Also I see that he has many apple slices out for him. Due to the high amount of sugar in apples, and other fruit such as bananas they should only be given occasionally as a treat. All fruits should be given as a treat and some fruits and parts of them can be toxic so you should look up what you are giving him. Veggies and pellets should be the main source of his food and with veggies some can be VERY toxic to them so be sure you look those up too. Never EVER give Iceburg lettuce it has something very toxic to rabbits in it. Broccoli can cause bloat and gas so it should be given in very little amounts if at all. My buns NEVER get broccoli. Also the store treats like the yogurt drops are bad for them as they are lactose intolerant.

Looks like a Dutch mix. The back of the picture is fuzzy to me so I can’t see details in fur to determine full breed or mix breed. A guess at age can be done based on weight if your bun but will only determine if he is a junior or senior over or under 6months and it is only an estimate based on weight
Thank you so much. I will update on his weight soon.

Also I see that he has many apple slices out for him. Due to the high amount of sugar in apples, and other fruit such as bananas they should only be given occasionally as a treat. All fruits should be given as a treat and some fruits and parts of them can be toxic so you should look up what you are giving him. Veggies and pellets should be the main source of his food and with veggies some can be VERY toxic to them so be sure you look those up too. Never EVER give Iceburg lettuce it has something very toxic to rabbits in it. Broccoli can cause bloat and gas so it should be given in very little amounts if at all. My buns NEVER get broccoli. Also the store treats like the yogurt drops are bad for them as they are lactose intolerant.
I will keep that in mind. I have researched into what he likes and what he doesn't. He normally gets high grade pellets and leafy greens like coriander, parsley and occasionally spinach. Two of the slices were meant for him, the others I dropped by accident just before my boyfriend clicked the pic. Thank you for your precious comment.

I will keep that in mind. I have researched into what he likes and what he doesn't. He normally gets high grade pellets and leafy greens like coriander, parsley and occasionally spinach. Two of the slices were meant for him, the others I dropped by accident just before my boyfriend clicked the pic. Thank you for your precious comment.
I would agree that he looks like a dutch/dutch mix, but i wouldn't feed him spinach cause i have read it can be toxic.

Back