What breed is Molly most like?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MollyMama

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a new member. I've never owned rabbits before, but after lots ofresearch our family decided a rabbit would be the perfect fit for us.
We got Molly (short for Molasses) from the Sacramento Home RabbitSociety. She is 5 months old, about 4 lbs with a 'lazy ear'. She lookslike a mini-lop, but her face doesn't seem 'flat' enough. Her tummy andbottom of tail are white. She has a tan patch on the back of her neck.

http://www.innercite.com/~trcarter/MollypinkWeb

I'm guessing her coloring is called "chestnut agouti", but am wonderingif anyone would venture a guess as to her breeding (part minilop /part'mystery" is my guess).
It doesn't matter much but would be nice to figure out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hoping to get to know you better and to learn and share,
Trina

Hi Trina and welcome to the forum. Molly lookslike a little darling. I don't know what kind she might be hopefullyone of the experts can help you out there. She's really pretty though,so whatever she is I hope you can post more photos of her :).

Kate

MollyMama wrote:
Hi All,
I am a new member. I've never owned rabbits before, but after lots ofresearch our family decided a rabbit would be the perfect fit for us.
We got Molly (short for Molasses) from the Sacramento Home RabbitSociety. She is 5 months old, about 4 lbs with a 'lazy ear'. She lookslike a mini-lop, but her face doesn't seem 'flat' enough. Her tummy andbottom of tail are white. She has a tan patch on the back of her neck.

http://www.innercite.com/~trcarter/MollypinkWeb

I'm guessing her coloring is called "chestnut agouti", but am wonderingif anyone would venture a guess as to her breeding (part minilop /part'mystery" is my guess).
She's beautiful! That's a very pretty photo of her.

She is indeed a Chestnut Agouti and looks like a Mini Lop.Her narrow (tight) crown (ridge between the ears) is causing the ear tobe held up. She may even be purebred, as you'll find thatevery purebred is not necessarily a good representitive of theirbreed. She has very nice body type, just lacks fullness inthe head.

Pam

Aww She's adorable!

It's good to know you got her from the rescue, also! Nothingagainst the breeders at all (that's where I got mine) but for a petrabbit, there are so many who need good homes :)

Welcome,I think shes a minilop or mini hollandcross.I just saw the greatest thing on animal planet this woman letskids take home an animal for the weekend all rescues, then they decidewhich kind of anmal they want.she had gerbils, dogs,rabbits,guineapigs,turtles etc.bluebird

Thank you for the great responses. I am excited to be here and get to know you all better.

I am so IN LOVE with Molly. She is a little treasure. The kids (d:6-1/2 & s: 3-1/2) are doing so well in not chasing her down for apet and snuggle. It's so hard for them to be patient and do things onMolly's terms.

She is so friendly and will come up and nudge and investigate. Withsome patience she'll be cuddling up for a pat and pet very very soon.

Smiles to all,
Trina

MollyMama wrote:
It's so hard for them to be patient and do things on Molly's terms.

Isn't that the truth!!

Welcome aboard,Trina!

Molly'sa beautiful baby,I love her name too.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back