What breed is Cooper?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coop

Reaction score
I'm very new to rabbits...can someone tell me what breed Cooper is? Thanks for looking! :)

rf1.jpg

Aw, very sweet bunny. She's a broken something,but not sure what, maybe a cross breed. She looks quitefluffy, is she a baby still with her baby fur? Or is that her adult fur?

What country are you in? The breed names vary depending on where you are, could you please put your country in your profile :)

Oops, sorry about that. I'm in the US,specifically S. Carolina. I'm not sure how old Cooper is but he stillhas his baby fur. Thanks! :D

It looks like the English Spotty gene, but notnecessarily on an Englsih Spotty (but I am going by my own spottybunnies as opposed to wider knowledge).

I love the spotty gene and your bunny is so beautiful. lol, but I have nothing overly helpful to add, sorry.

But someone with proper knowledge will have an educatedguess I am sure :)

Cooper is adorable! Welcome to the forum!

Cooper is most likely a mix of several breeds. His color is brokenblack. (broken = spotted in rabbit lingo) Is he still pretty small? Idon't see any one breed character that stands out. If he is a petstorebunny he is most likely a mini rex or dwarf mix. But he doesn't havethe mini rex fur or the roundness of the Netherland Dwarf.

Whatever he is is cute!! Some characteristics may become more apparent as he gets older. Try again as he ages!

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll post somemore pics when he is older but he probably is a mix. The guy at thestore said he thought he was a dwarf something-or-other but he wasn'tsure at all. Cooper's part of the family now so whatever he is is fineby me. Thanks again! :D

I agree with Sharon - probably a lop. As the baby gets older, maybe we'll be able to tell better.

Pam

Latest posts

Back