what breed are these?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyBunch

Reaction score
Lily, our grey gal, we were told is a french lop. She is 5mo. old and 5 1/2 lbs. Somebody else told us she must be a mini lop because french would be much bigger by now, and so we thought too. Anybody able to clear this up for me?
badge100.jpg
view_bunny
badge100.jpg
view_bunny
badge100.jpg

Annabelle, our wht&blk beauty, was described as unknown breed by the shelter that picked her up. I know her breed isn't something I need to know, but am just curious as to what she is. She seems to resemble satin pics on google, but am unsure as she also resembles english spot and checkered giant's markings. None of these she matches exactly though. Anybody know?

Travis is the most baffling to me as he molts, his whiskers are curly, and his coloring doesn't match any breed i've come across??? The girls don't molt and have straight long whiskers.

At 5 1/2 lbs, Lily is likely a Mini Lop.

Annabelle looks like a mixed breed to me. Satins have a very distinguishable fur type, hence their name. So the fact that her fur type wasn't an outstanding difference that you mentioned from the other two tells me it's not that. It is also very difficult to judge by markings, because the "broken" (spotted) variety in ANY breed can mimic the markings of one of the marked breeds (Checkereds, Spots, Dutch, etc.) I'd say she's a full mix and unfortunately she doesn't have any obvious characteristics of any particular breed that I can see.

Travis appears to be the same- just a good old mix. :)

Most rabbits in shelters and pet stores, etc. are mixes because they come from irresponsible breeders. Generally, rabbits from reputable breeders don't make their way outside of the show world or very selective pet homes. So if you adopt a bunny, 9 times out of 10, it's probably a mix. :) Makes no difference, because they are loved just the same! But I'd say the closest you have to a distinguishable breed is Lily.

I agree with everything ORR had to say, and I wanted to add that Travis' curly whiskers are typically a rex trait. If he doesn't have rex fur, it's possible that one of his parents was a rex and passed down the curly whiskers.

Lily: Large HOlland lop/ small mini lop- very purdy in color
Travis: mini rex, so long as the fur matches the rest of the whiskers and what not.
Annabelle: by the looks of what i have seen some people mix could be satin mix or mini rex mix(both together has produced satin's whiskers and fur type)

Latest posts

Back