What breed are these does?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimchilla

Reaction score
We picked up three does that needed a home. They are sisters that were called Rex but are not. They are 5 months old and about the size of my Rex rabbits but far more lean, they actually seem a little thin. Smaller than my adult NZ mix. I do not have a weight on them, sorry! Thoughts?

Color wise are they Charlies?

IMG_20220413_152823211_HDR.jpgIMG_20220413_152657745_HDR.jpgIMG_20220413_152614289_HDR.jpgIMG_20220413_152522841_HDR.jpgIMG_20220413_152627248_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Yup black charlies from the looks of it. They honestly look like have a lot of breeds in them. But it looks like they might have some American in them? American's are very common breed you find in shelters.

But it looks like they might have some American in them? American's are very common breed you find in shelters.

Americans are an extremely rare breed, you never find them in shelters (they are actually on the Livestock Conservancy's Conservation Priority List because of how rare they are). A lot of shelters might just label rabbits that they don't know the breed of as "american" because they don't know any better, but actual American rabbits are a semi-arch typed meat rabbit that only come in red-eyed white and blue.

Your rabbits are mixed breeds. The color is indeed charlie.

Out of the 57 rescues we've had with us, only 5 were pure "anything". One was supposed to be an English Spot mix, but did not really look like one--she got to be over 20 pounds and was really a Checkered Giant. Said before, happy and healthy is all we care about especially with no real history or breeding profile--hard to get since most were "found" or dumped.

Latest posts

Back