what breed and age is my new rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just got a new little boy last night at the pet store. i thought my11 month old wooly holland lop would likea pairbond mate. could anyone tell me what type of rabbit he is?? i know he is some form or lop but any other info would be helpful. also if you could tell me how old he might be? the pet store guy said a couple of months but they didn't seem to know alot. my other lop cloud came with a pedigree so we know his full background and i would love to know more about my new little guy :)

p.s. the new one is the brown one

050.jpg

053.jpg

0092.jpg

057.jpg

054.jpg

058.jpg

Looks like a tort colored holland lop to me.

When you're ready to bond them there are a lot of great posts and articles here!

actually they have already been in the cage together since last night and have done remarkably! cloud is very loving toward his new friend :) cloud is fixed btw. whenever we take the guy out cloud will look all over the cage for him (4 level cage) and as soon as he is returned cloud nuzzles him. i think it helped that cloud is already used to our 4 cats and is very sweet with them.

Color = Tort otter aka fox(note the tan pattern markings in the ears, nose lacing, white around eyes, and most likely a white belly). I'm guessing less than 6 weeks of age. I agree that it appears to be a Holland Lop.

mistyjr wrote:
Agree with everyone above, and the white fuzzy one is also called a Fuzzy lop. They are both very cute.
I think it's actually a fuzzy Holland Lop if that's what she was told (Holland Lop with the wool gene). Different from the American Fuzzy Lop breed. The coats are often soft and difficult to care for (although I've had some Hollands throw wooled coats with a predominance of guard hairs.)

mistyjr wrote:
hmm, I didn't know that.. I thought they were all just short normal coat.. Never seen one before.
Recessive woolies are produced by a number of breeds such as Beveren, Holland Lops, and French Lops. It took about 20 years to eradicate the wooled gene from most New Zealand lines.

thank you all for classifying my bun bun. i'm glad he turned out to be a holland lop because that is my favorite breed :) my lop is a fuzzy holland. he came with his pedigree traced back to his great grandparents on both sides. i'm hopeing to show him one day if i can find somewhere near me to do that. will it matter if he is neutered?

hollandloplover1 wrote:
thank you all for classifying my bun bun. i'm glad he turned out to be a holland lop because that is my favorite breed :) my lop is a fuzzy holland. he came with his pedigree traced back to his great grandparents on both sides. i'm hopeing to show him one day if i can find somewhere near me to do that. will it matter if he is neutered?
Altered rabbits can't be exhibited at ARBA shows.

hollandloplover1 wrote:

Unless you are showing in a pet class, he can't be shown if he is neutered.

I don't think Tort Otter is a recognized color for Holland Lops either.

oh thats alright then. i'm just glad he is happier being a fixed bunbun. i wouldn't have shown the otter lop though. only my cloud. he is a broken opal.i only have the pedigree for him.

Latest posts

Back