what breed am i?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicwhisper

Reaction score
i got timothy a couple of weeks ago and the person who sold it to us said he was a cross but didnt know what. she said he may be part dwarf but i have read ever were that they just say that to sell them. however i didn't need any convincing!

1073227_10201791097083722_1862913987_o.jpg

1077825_10201791084683412_1414125290_o.jpg

i will try again tomorrow for a better picture! and i will weigh him then too when my other half comes home to help :D

Snapshot_20130722.JPG

He does look pretty young to me, if he's a larger or commercial breed. They tend to have a less dwarfy look even as kits. As far as what kind of mix, I have no idea. Sometimes they have a distinct feature or two that points to a specific breed, but usually rabbits don't hold those characteristics for more than a generation or two. Plus, many mixed breed rabbits are the offspring of other mixes.

i dunno, the woman who sold him to us said he was 8 - 10 weeks and we have had him for a 3 weeks now

for baby rabbits it can be hard to tell what breed they are until they grow up into their adult structure and weight. As they get older it can be a little easier to tell but like julie said mixed breeds are plainly just a guess unless there are real characteristics giving insight into the breed.

Are you sure hes that young?
He just doesn't seem to have that same baby face most rabbits have when their still in the 2-3 month range.
He definitely looks young to me
for baby rabbits it can be hard to tell what breed they are until they grow up into their adult structure and weight. As they get older it can be a little easier to tell but like julie said mixed breeds are plainly just a guess unless there are real characteristics giving insight into the breed.
I agree with this I would wait until he is at least 6 month preferably 8 months to start looking for his breed type:)

Latest posts

Back