What are your indoor hay rack solutions to keep hay in the cage?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleyxxpiano

Reaction score
I currently have a hay feeder/food dish combo I bought from PetSmart years ago for starters. However the back of the hay feeder portion is not tall enough and I find much of the hay falls out the cage and get dragged all around my house. My vacuum cleaner and feet would appreciate some relief. Haha. So I'd like to know what you've found works best! Pictures are much appreciated. I'm thinking I'll construct something from a cardboard box, or line one side of the cage with plexiglass. :bunnybutt: I've attached a photo of my current feeder. Thanks!

pPETNA-5175096_main_t300x300.jpg

Personally I would line the cage. All my animals cages are lined with something. The birds get coroplast around their cages to keep the mess in, and the rabbit cage has a perimeter of Laminate flooring to contain everything.
The image you linked would be pretty small for a hay rack, ideally you want your bunnys eating A LOT of hay, and the easier it is for them to get at, hopefully the more they eat!

You can kinda see the floor boards around the perimeter of the cage in this photo
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Lolaandthecrowd/Bunnys/Bunniesfreetime017.jpg
And really a hay rack can be just about anything.... Use your imagination.

Latest posts

Back