What are you getting your bun(s) for Christmas?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrittsBunny

Reaction score
I need to figure out Wrangler's Christmas gift...of course he already has a ton of treats :DsoOo I am thinking along the lines of something that he can knaw on...you can never have too many wood toys!!

What are you getting your bun(s) for Christmas??

My dog Blueand Muppet are going to share a stocking, as I could not find a stocking with a cute Christmas bunny on it. Inside the stocking will be wonderful naughty treats that they wouldn't normally get. And my pup will be getting her stuffed animal of course.

I am getting by bunnies toy balls with bells inside to play with, some threats, and probably something else (i don't know what yet)

Just Bunny got his Christmas gift early, yesterday I bought him a Kabob toy, hangs in the cage and has a bell on it and wooden chew plus you can unscrew the bottom and skewer veggies, fruit, put a salt lick on there and more wood chews. Just Bunny is not really impressed with it, can not seem to get ahold of the chews while it was hanging from the top of his cage so I hung it on the side and he still would rather chew the bars of his cage, hoping I will let him out. Mayby today he will trash the toy while I am gone to work all day. He is sure miffed at being kept in his cage while he heals from his neuter. He still has 3 days left of confinement but hops and binkys in his cage so not sure how different that would be from roaming the house. If his incision does not open up from antics in his cage than he should be okay out and about in the house?

Thanks for the responses :biggrin:So far I've just gotten Wrangler these wooden apple chews...he has enough jingle balls aka kitty toys (and baby toys at that!)...though if I came across a neat baby toy, it'd probably purchase it for him anyway (since he LOVES his keys and rattle!)

I am doing more Christmas shopping tomorrow, so I'll have to make a stop at the pet store and have another lookie:)

Is it just me or do the pet stores seem to forget about bunnies being pets too? All the pet stores around here do not have very much for bunny treats and toys, lots of stuff for birds, fish and other odd ball pets but not alot of bunny stuff. Wal Mart is even worse for bunnystuff selection. Come on stores, bring on the Rabbit stuff.

I completely agree! I mean, I know that some of the local pet stores do a fairly good job at stocking the shelves with rabbit-related items...but I wish there was a more toy selection.

Wrangler doesn't really need anymore toys, but hey, sometimes it's nice to give something new every once and awhile :biggrin:

I made my three little angels there own stockings complete with names :D

I got them a few nice chew toys and a jingly hay ball. I bought them some store treats(first time buying them from the store, I managed to find one that has all natural ingredients!) There called Apple Dumplings by Martin Brand. I also was going to make some of my classic oatmeal treats that they only get on the holidays! But now I'm not so sure after reading an article about how fatty foods and starches lead to all these different health problems >.< I only make them on the holidays.. not sure if it makes a difference?

Natasha Rabbitova got a Christmas present in the mail today that she really loved - a plastic Slinky. I bounced it in front of her, and she grabbed it and ran across the room. She'd let go and let it snap back, then run forward and grab it again... over and over.
7648_232028_340000002.jpg

For more pictures of Natasha and her slinky see Natasha's blog.

Good Gift idea MikeScone, I saw them in Wal Mart the other day and thought about buying one but Just Bunny seems to not be a huge toy fan. He hates his new Kabob toy and won't touch the cat balls, maybey he is scared of the bells? Well, who am I kidding, I will get him a slinky after all, he is part of the family and needs spoiling too. If nothing else my son will play with it.

All of my fosters received a present from Bunspace. "Bags for Buns" (which was distributed to all Gainesville Rabbit Rescue bunnies) contained a t-paper tube stuffed with hay and several chew toys. It was a big hit with the fosters. Thank you Bunspace!!!!!

Sparky and Scooter were very envious, so I had to stuff some hay tubes for them and buy them a crinkly cat tube and a new hut.

Spoiled brats!!

Becky got a jersy cotton bag. I gave it to her today and she promptly stuffed herself in it! She loves to hide under her blankie too. Luckily I don't have an issue with chewing. So far she has only chewed on her kabob.

Latest posts

Back