What are these things?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymandolinist

Reaction score
IMG_1797.jpg

They are blue, fluffy, and I have two of them. One male one female. That's all I got.

IMG_1810.jpg

Here's a picture of the girl.

IMG_1811.jpg

And the boy.

I have to sell them tommorow and I would like to know the breed. The boy has a really cool personality, comes up to the door and says "hey man watsup I want my food" I call him Rowdy, and the girl is Matilda :p

They look like either Jersey Woolies or Lionheads with the teddybear style fur. The second picture, it looks like there might be a bit of a mane between the ears?

Well they are quite a bit larger than my other Lionheads, and that "mane" doesn't seem pronounced enough to be an actual mane.

Yeah, but you should see what some of the lionheads can actually look like, especially if the breeder doesn't have good lines. Or if they're mixed. We have one at the shelter that has three long tufts of fur around her ears and two on her butt. We also had a litter of teddy-style babies with fur similar to those buns. There's huge variation in the fur compared to other breeds, which might be why they seem to be having trouble getting the breed passed with the ARBA.

Where did they come from? Lionheads are very popular with the mass pet-supplying/non-showing breeders around here. Most of the ones we see around here are from backyard breeders or pet stores (or backyard breeders via pet stores). I've met the guy that breeds lionheads for ARBA and 4H in the area and his look nothing like the pet store ones. Of couse, his also sell for much more than pet store buns too so they're probably not sold as pets too often.

Of course,this is my non-professional opinion.:)

Edit: How large are they and are your lionheads adults? They don't look like any of the medium or larger sized breeds, but it's not unusual to get larger buns from purebred lionheads or Jersey Woolies. I forget if they're supposed to have the dwarf gene or not, but if yours are dwarfed than a non-dwarf bun would be somewhat larger and heavier boned.

The lady I bought them from had bought them to help out a backyard breeder who decided not to do rabbits anymore and needed money desperately, so she has no idea what they are. She called them Netherland somethings. I'm going to call them Jersey wooly mutts for tommorow.

Or called "cute!" Enjoy those buns - and post lots more pics!:biggrin2:

Denise

Could have said What breed are these buns:p, comes off to everyone else alot more friendlier, then What are these!:p I would just say a teddy lionhead.

Ha... Honestly it's a bummer seeing them go. I really got attatched to ole Rowdy while I was combing him. I just hope they went to someone who knows what they're doing. On the up side I did buy an otter colored rex (isn't that a rare color?).

Well...the head and body shape if off, but they kind of have body wool like a jersey wooly. The fluff on his head could either be a mane or a wool cap, which a wooly is supposed to have....the girl is less wooly so they are mixed with something. But I think it's safe to say they are half Jersey Wooly.

Latest posts

Back