What are some of your hobbies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hummer

Reaction score
I am happy as tonight I am taking a class to learn how to knit! I know, I am kinda weird but that is ok. I want to be able to teach my girls how to knit and crochet and maybe sew a little as they grow but I need to learn it first. I tried teaching myself but since I tend not to listen to myself alot it did not work!:dunno I will be happy if I am able to make scaves and maybe blankets but nothing too fancy. It will really come in handy on our 10 hour flight when we go Holland in May and of course when we are driving how ever many hours/days to the east coast when we move.

I'm a writer. I also sing as much as I possibly can. I love good wine and good conversation. :)

hummer wrote:
I am happy as tonight I am taking a class to learn how to knit! I know, I am kinda weird but that is ok. I want to be able to teach my girls how to knit and crochet and maybe sew a little as they grow but I need to learn it first. I tried teaching myself but since I tend not to listen to myself alot it did not work!:dunno I will be happy if I am able to make scaves and maybe blankets but nothing too fancy. It will really come in handy on our 10 hour flight when we go Holland in May and of course when we are driving how ever many hours/days to the east coast when we move.

YAY!!! a soon-to-be fellow knitter/crocheter!! :happydance Knitting is so much fun, and useful too! I knit alot of baby hats... they're great gifts! Here's my latest baby hat...

I'm a gamer. I play D&D and a lot of non-traditional board and card games. My vacation last summer was to Indianapolis for Gen Con.:) I also like to do a lot of hiking and bird watching, and I've been getting into disc golf.

Oh, and I read a lot!

What a beautiful hat Greta!! You reminded me that I also want to make hats, I would love to be able to make some hats for newborns and donate them to a hospital.

naturestree, I also play computer games, I have all the Sims 2 games, Zoo Tycoon and hubby likes to play Railroad Tycoon 3. Sometime soon I want to buy Kingdom Hearts.
I also have Hoyle Board and Puzzle Games on this computer too! (Maybe that is why it is sometimes a little slow!:rollseyes:)

edited because of my bad spelling...

well...i play the flute, i've been playing for 4 years and i play with the town orchestra, where i am the youngest! its quite late, starts at 9:00 and finishes at 11:00 but by the time we've had a drink and something to eat afterwards i get home at about 12:00!! but its well worth it! i also go horse riding, and look after my friends horse when she is on holiday, and of course i love taking dog for a walk and playing with the animals!!:D

I help out at a kennels sometimes, walking all the dogs etc. I also LOVE looking after my animals and my sisters horse. I do cross stitch, and card making with my mum. Next year at college I am learning how to do sugar flowers and cake decorating. I really cant wait! :D

I also like travelling. Its ashame my animals get left behind though :(

I love knitting, I knit a blanket for my baby when i was pregnant. I wish I knew how to knit more complex stuff.

Hmmm where to start....

I also enjoy crocheting although knitting never really appealed to me. Right now I'm in the middle of a blanket and my boyfriend says it reminds him of Eeyore because of the colors lol.

My boyfriend has just started to brew his own beer and I'm going to join him but I'll be brewing cider and wine.

I love playing video games but more along the lines of the older systems like NES and SNES. I rock at Tetis Attack. lol

I like to cook (as long as someone else is there to do the dishes lol).

Oh and I like reading. I suggest the book Marley & Me for anyone who is an animal lover which I'm guessing that if you're a member of this formum you are.

:)I enjoy reading (mysteries, esp. british), watching TV,Bette Davis movies ("He wishes he understood me...he wishes"), knitting, camping (my husband proposed to me while we were camping), chess, monopoly (I usually lose), crosswords, sharing a Monte Cristo #2 with my honey (anywhere in the world), sleeping in the sun, The Australian wine festival (annually) sponsored by the lcbo (in Toronto). What a party!!

Well, I had my first knitting class last night and the teacher is what I needed. I have tried to teach myself with a Knitting/Crocheting for Itiots book but I needed a person to explain stuff to me. And I my neighbor is also taking the class so we will be carpooling to the classes!:)

I love sewing!! I don't get the chance to do it much anymore because I'm studying engineering and I have to take 7 courses at a time, so I have no time to do anything other than bunnies and school.

I've been sewing since a young age, and I've made lots of stuff, from simple embroidery, a quilt, bathing suites, then I moved on to dance costumes, and I've made a few graduation dresses.

My mom started out teaching me, but that soon turned around, and now she'll ask me for help!! She's just not very patient, and wants to cut tons of corners when she sews.

I've also taken ballet since I was young, I got through all of my exams except for the last one, so when I graduate and get working in a steady job, I'm going to pick it up again.

I played the trombone in my highschool band, but I haven't picked it up in a few years, that's another thing I wouldn't mind getting back into.

Reading is also another passion of mine, I love books. It runs in the family.

--Dawn

Hobbies? Who has time for hobbies? :D

I learned how to knit a few months ago, but never really got into it. I still have the needles and yarn in my closet, and maybe someday I'll pick it up again.

Ienjoy making jewelry, especially hemp bracelets and anklets.

I would like to start sewing again (haven't done anything serious since home ec in high school...). I really want to make myself some long, comfy skirts. You know, ones that would look good with my Birks. And hemp jewelry.I sound like such a hippie...

I'm an avid reader, I have a reading list that's a mile long.

And of course, I like blogging and cruising forums.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

I love writing. When we wrote a school comprehension english essay, one of the markers came and sought me out to congratulate me on the best essay she had marked! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in October, and so I wasn't in attendance for half of last semester, but with my awesome writing skillz (purposeful 'z') I managed to pass both writing and English 12. My writign teacher approached me and 'asked' me to consider a career based around writing! I write, as well as practice Calligraphy, and I draw.

I love to sing. I've been singing in both my schools open choir, and the by-audition-only vocal jazz group. I absolutly love singing the kind of gospel music you would find in "African churches" for lack of a better description. I love that kind of music, where when you see them swaying and belting out the lyrics, it's magic. I was lucky to be part of a Nathaniel Dett Choral workshop, and was able to sing with them in a performance! It was awesome!

I have many other creative type hobbies. I do a lot of beading, and used to make a lot of jewelry. I used to have a lot of hemp and would make a lot of hemp things, but I think I only have a few scarggly pieces of purple hemp left. It's hard to get supplies in my small town! I've recently gotten into wire jewelry making, and am considering getting more than just wire benders, and get into soldering! I also sew and crochet. I can't do a lot of knitting. I always cast too tightly, and it's too repetitive and boring for me, lol.

I also bake. I love baking more than any other type of cooking. For me, pounding out a batch of pita bread is more satifying than making soup or something. Still, cooking is cooking. Yay for food!

Hmmm, what else do I do... I love to hike, and shop. LOL! The good hiking muscles I developed when I was younger really aid me well in navigating through big malls when I'm at a big city :D

I have a giant reading list, including my book-case head-board being full of books I borrowed from friends, and books that I've bought and still need to read. Of course, with above mentioned hypothyroidism, I've been sleeping too much to read until recently!

cross stitch

horseback riding

play the guitar sometimes

video games

playing cards

and of course drawing and sometimes painting

i also like to run a lot if thats considered a hobby?:dunno:

Latest posts

Back