what are good sites i can buy hay bales from

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
I can't find anything around here! I called a bunch of feeder stores and they don't carry it.

What sites have you gotten timothy hay from and been pleased with it?

I just bought 37lbs from fmrdave on ebay. I've been buying quantities from him since July of 2007. He's actually generous on his weights and ships very fast.

He sells all weights - not just huge ammounts. :)

Look around online for farmers that may have it, kinda an off time of year, but you may find one that still has some stored. I found a wonderful man locally by looking online. I get enough to last me a year at a time, put it on a pallet in my garage..he always hooks me up with his first cut of the year, so its the good stuff, 4 bucks a bale. I go thru approx a bale a month, so its very cost affective to do it this way...I can't imagine shipping a bale is cheap!

If you can get first cut, thats usually the most tender and less stems.

I love Kleenmama's Bluegrass Hay (www.kmshayloft.com) Its awesome.

Some bunnies passed through here last yearand they had American Pet Diner timothy hay and that was really beautiful hay.

I always get third cutting if Im ordering Timothy hay.

You also should check the link Pipp provided, it has a link for the hay exchange which lets you search for farmers selling hay in your area. Craigslist is also a good place to look for hay. You can also call around to anyone who has/sells/boards horses (in the yellow pages) to ask if they sell hay or know someone who does.

The stuff you order online is nice but soo expensive when you factor in shipping.

Haley wrote:
I love Kleenmama's Bluegrass Hay (http://www.kmshayloft.com) Its awesome.

Same here! I ordered 25 pounds of part Bluegrass and part 3rd cut Timothy. It is GREEN and smells lovely!

Here in my part of Arizona, we have crappy hay at the feed stores that sells for $20 a bale AND I have no place to store a huge ball currently....so ordering online and paying $30 for about a half of a bale is worth it for me.

I have gotten hay from Farmer Dave and I loved it. I recently got a bale from the feed store and I was not happy with it at all. The bunnys eat it but its 1st cut and very dusty. YUCK talk about a mess. I learned from my mistake and I'll make sure I check the bale out better when i get my next one. =/ ln like 6months LOL

I just bought plenty of farmer dave's timothy hay so I hope it's as good as you say it is.:DThe stuff I bought at the feed store was all dust so I needed to try something new.

Thanks for the tip about Farmer Dave's. I bookmarked his ebay page and am going to try out his hay the next time I need to order. The prices and shipping costs are sooooo reasonable compared to what I pay for APD.

I just received my first hay ( timothy gold 2 cut) I have ever ordered on line from American Pet diner jan 8th. It was 25 pounds bag @ 23.99. Shipping was higher than what I paid for the hay, however I just found out yesterday from a customer that came into my store, he works for Fed Ex, that it was not the wieght that cost it was because of the size of the package. The bigger the box the less they can fit on the truck so they charge more. He said it would be better to buy smaller sizes and just muti ship them.

The hay is wonderful. Smells great, very green and soft. I know understand what others have said about pet store hay. No matter how green it appears to be it is nothing on this stuff.

BB
Cyn

tiabia0, have you gotten the hay yet? sparklebun is another eBay seller but they offer smaller quantities than frmrdave does.

I actually find it easier to buy hay online so I've been bookmarking sites for a while so I can try a variety of options.

Latest posts

Back