What Am I?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Deedle was found about 3 weeks ago outside in the snow...she was close to death from the cold...we think something happened to the mom and the last babies came wandering out of their shelter looking for food...just happened a nice man was putting up his christmas lights and saw her as she keeled over.
Apparently her mom was a pregnant domestic and was "setfree"...and had her babies in the fall.

The girl who as her now is curious as to what type of bunn she might be...and what size she will possibly be when full grown!
Deedle has a very soft coat(chinchilla like)and thick furry feet...we have no idea how old she is.

Any ideas?

2010-12-25WooliDeedleAbbyandGibbs021.jpg

2010-12-25WooliDeedleAbbyandGibbs031.jpg

Deedlewas just very lucky the guy that found her thought she was a wild bunn and took her to a wildlife rehabber in his neighbourhood...the lady had everything on hand for injured animals!

She had never owned a domestic before...and is head over heels in love with Deedle now! :biggrin:I was laughing at her yesterday because this experienced rehabber...who has been rehabbing cottontails for 17+ years is now so wrapped up in this little doll face that she emailed me freaking about how cute her little "teeeef" were when she yawned! LMAO:biggrin:
Yeah she is done...gawd help her the next time she gets a domestic in!
I've given her a year till she breaks down and gets another! LOL :D

Oh I am in love with that face! That is one of the cutest buns I've ever seen! :inlove:

With the length, shape, and texture or the ears, along with the bulkiness of the front legs, I would say it is either a purebred or more likely, crossbred Lop of some form.... Most likely either Mini or French.

I was wondering about that...
She has't shown any signs of lopping yet...

What age range do they usually lop?
When she was found she was so small we are assuming she was still on formula...just started to eat pellets about a week ago...

I've asked for a weight and a pic to get a better idea of size...

I was thinking Deedle was about 6-8 weeks now...
She is an odd bunn...she shakes her ears alot when she gets excited and wants to play! I keep getting her bunny mom to check her ears for mites! LOL :D

Looks like a cross breed, maybe Fuzzy Lop X French Angora or Dwarf I have no idea, have you seen the mother?
Shes defently some kind of lop cross, I'm saying french angora b/c of her body type, fur and the shape the ears are, how thick is her fur?

The lady says the fur is very thick...very soft almost like a chinchilla.
Her feet are very heavily furred as well...

It's hard to tell though as she was found outside in the snow on December 12th...so she may have a thicker coat because of that.
She was found as she collapsed in the snow...she was displaying agonal breathing, was rigid...the lady thought she was done for...but half an hour later on a heating pad and she suddenly sat up. But she was skeletal...100grams.

No one has any clue about the mom...only that she was a domestic that the neighbours set free.

If she is a Mini or French Lop cross, the thick fur would be explained.... Mini's and French Lops tend to have thicker fur than Hollands and English Lops.

The ear carriage is not completely erect, I am sure that one parent is a lop.

My Mini Lop also shakes her ears frequently, no ear mites. I think it is just her way of expressing herself. Normally she is interacting with someone when it happens and it's like she is shaking her head no. Then again, sometimes I think she is talking to herself. LOL Perhaps it is fun to shake floppy ears around? It's not a violent shake, but more just shaking enough to flop her ears from side to side.

I do not know much about rabbit genetics but has anyone considered a lionhead, lop cross because some of the furr is extra long in random areas of the rabbits body. I have heard rumors about people experimenting with mixing the two breeds. Maybe the owner realized it wasn't a get rich quick scheme doing so or something.

Here is Deedle--again! :D

Starting to fill out! Lots of fluffy fur!

2011-01-17Deedle003.jpg

2011-01-17Deedle004.jpg

Her one ear has started to droop...has a helicopter aspect to it now!
Are we still thinking French Angora cross?

All Lop breeds have wooly fur due to having angora in their background (well besides english), so, it could easily be a baby french lop that isn't going to be very large.

I had a baby french lop that I fostered into my mini lop litter, he never did get very large and looked just like that baby.

Latest posts

Back