What Age

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyGal

Reaction score
OK, I am just wondering your opinions? What is your age for the first time baby rabbits should be aloud to run around the yard? My age is 18 days. I watch them of course, I sit there with them acting as a shelter, sending my dog to find them if I do not see them, I am super protective till about 1 month, I will let them go off on there own a bit, then at 2 months they can run around alone, in the play pen *If they are not alone, I am with them then around the yard* but 2 months is the time I let them go out of sight and I do not worry that might. Course until about 5 months I am totally on edge while they run around:running bunny I like them to devolope there outdoor skills as early as possible. When they are little between 18 and 21 days old it is once or twice a week they get to run around. Then from 22-40 days it goes from 3 to 5 days a week.
Since I want my babies to be independent enough to the point where if they where ever in a situation they where they got out of something they would not be completely clueless to what or where they are at.
I just want to know what you guys think about my method of baby rabbit raising. Feel free to post whatever you want, I have had over 10 litters in the past, all have done the same routine and all have come out to be strong little rabbits, not mean, but confident and brave.

I think its whatever you feel happy and confident with, as long as your garden/run spaces are rabbit proofed :)I would probably never find mine again lol

We let our litters out from 2 weeks old in the living room of our house so they can have a play and they get put out with their mum in the runs outside from about 3 weeks but we are always out while they are out same goes for my adults though:)

Its really hard for me to find them if they get lost. Thats why I have my dog, Pheobie, track them down. From the age when they open there eyes they get to play in the house. When there around the age they are now they get to play on a really solf planket.
The only thing is though my male adult, who pretty much lives in the yard hates going in his cage to let the babies run around:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back