What about this hutch?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXsouthrngrl

Reaction score
I'm thinking 1 1/2 feet high per floor which makes 6 feet total...not sure of width yet. Heavy duty wire fence (I live in the country so need protection), Wood floors covered with I dont know what yet except for the bottom row which will be wire also but buried a little with soil on top to grow grass. The bottom row will probably also be surrounded by concrete tiles. The planter will have a top that goes over the plant baseso they cant be pulled out and carried everywhere making a mess. Also thinking about making shelves next to this to grow the small containers of herbs and veggies so I can switch them out when they are eaten.

Questions... *Will 1 1/2 feet high be tall enough for a dwarf rabbit?

*Can I use cow manure to fertilize the container plants without hurting bunny?

*What would be good to cover the wood floors on the top 3 levels?

*How many water bottles should I put in here? I was thinking 2, one on top floor and one on bottom.

*Does this sound like a suitable home for 2 dwarf Holland Lops or should I scrap this plan and start over?

Bunnycage2.jpg

TXsouthrngrl wrote:
One more question...What in the world is a rabbit binky? Thats what we called my kids pacifiers??? I keep seeing that word around here.:?
A Binky is a happy twist in the air they do its like they jump and twist there head and rump the first time you see it you will be like yeah thats a binky.

It means there happy your first binky is the most special thing in the world especially if your getting rescued buns

That cage looks good to me. But I kinda dont understand the drawing either.

Thanks for clearing that up so I'm not buying Nuks for my bunnies...lol

The pic is the front view of the hutch. I guess I'll have to make a side view too but I'm way out of practice with Paint Shop Pro.

The Dark green is where I want to put complete walls (wood/plywood). The dark blue is the ramps, and red is where doors will be. The empty (white) spaces will be just wire fencing for air circulation. Maybe also putting a closable vent up on the top row.

Sorry, sometimes the thoughts in my head dont come out well on paper...lol

The little light green star was suppose to look like a plant of some sort. Maybe thats just in my world.:D

TXsouthrngrl wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up so I'm not buying Nuks for my bunnies...lol

The pic is the front view of the hutch. I guess I'll have to make a side view too but I'm way out of practice with Paint Shop Pro.

The Dark green is where I want to put complete walls (wood/plywood). The dark blue is the ramps, and red is where doors will be. The empty (white) spaces will be just wire fencing for air circulation. Maybe also putting a closable vent up on the top row.

Sorry, sometimes the thoughts in my head dont come out well on paper...lol

The little light green star was suppose to look like a plant of some sort. Maybe thats just in my world.:D

I understand it after I looked back I was working on the news so had my mind on two other things.

I thinks it a great set up. I think 18 inches is good but also your buns should be able to styand on there hide feet and stand straight up.
\

I am not saying th whole cage but in some parts Storm can stand almost 2 feet tall when he stretches out all the way and he is a netherland dwarf so mabye if you can make it higher is spots that would be good.

The hind feet thing is looking at there surroundings to make sure all is safe

Back