WHAT A RELIEF!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
After Bella got home from her spay she didn't eat or drink one thing for 24 hours, had not peed or pooped at all and started grinding her teeth really loudly this morning, and just sat at the back of her cage, so i brought her back to the vets and they gave her another metacam injection and metacam to bring home with me, after she had some metacam she is now her normal self, eating, pooping, drinking, peeing, cleaning her self, greets me when i walk in the room.. i just wish that i got pain relief from the very start for her, i definitely now know that i will always ask for pain meds!

But now i have just noticed that she is trying to pull the stitches out of her wound.. I am going to bring her to the vets again tomorrow as they want to check on her, but what can i do with the wound now? I keep on trying to distract her when she goes down to her wound but i can't do that all night??

Thanks for all the advise i have got of everyone these past few days! :)

Glad to hear she is eating! Yes, too bad you didn't have the metacam from the beginning.

Hmm, messing with the stitches could be troublesome. Especially so soon after the surgery. Agnes never even acted like they were there. Are they sticking out? Are they kinda big? I sometimes think that the bigger or longer the more the rabbit feels them and they are aggravating to them.

I saw a picture of a rabbit who had like an ace bandage type thing wrapped around their midsection. It's a suggestion but I would think that would be even more of an issue for the bun.

If she's really obsessed with them, I would take her back to the vet today to see if they can help.

And, can you post a picture for us? What does her incision and stitches look like?

She has now actually pulled 2 of the stitches out and it's bleeding a little!! She has 4 big stitches then little ones that are disolvable which she hasn't got at yet, but she is now trying to get the other 2 big stitches out! I can't get up to the vets until tomorrow morning so i'll ring them now and ask them what they think will be best to do.

I can't get a picture right now, but i'll take one tomorrow, but the stitches are pretty big and long, and the cut/scar is about 3 1/2 cm long, so i'm guessing it's probably irritating her?

Thanks for all the advise :)

I have just rang my vets and for some reason the phone is turned off?! it is usually on 24/7? well, what should i do? should i bandage her or just leave her until tomorrow morning?

OK, i just rang a different vets and they said as long as the inner stitches are still there and as long as the wound is still closed then she should be fine until tomorrow, just keep a check on her.

They have given me a lampshade/cone! she absoloutly hates it but i only put it on her when i'm not there because i can watch her whilst i'm there. So far no more stitches have been pulled out! thanks god! But her wound has healed so quickly! she only got spayed on thursday then pulled her stitches out on friday and it has healed good :)

Now.. does anyone know how i am supposed to hold her when i am putting her back into her cage? (i take her out to check her wound) Because she hates going back into it so starts kicking and getting mad, but i don't want her to hurt herself..
I have tried wrapping her in a blanket and she jumped out! thankfully onto my bed! :/ how am i supposed to do it?

I agree with going back end first. When I had my Rabbitry I would always put the rabbits in their cage back end first. If they saw the cage they would go crazy every time. It became painful for me to put them in head first (getting kicked a thousand times a week does not feel good). Beauty got spayed on Friday. They wrapped her in this blue stuff (comes in all sorts of colors). It is holding the Fentanyl patch on (her pain medication). She has not messed with it so far that I can see.

Latest posts

Back