WHAM! Sex change fairy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dungeonbunnies

Reaction score
Everyone, including my rabbit breeder sister thought that Swiffer was a girl. But at 7 weeks, I know it can be hard to tell. I've been checking for testes, and thought that I may'be seen them a couple of times. Palpated the vent, and a "donut" popped out. My sister STILL thought girl. Today I found definite sacs, even though they haven't dropped yet.

Now I feel bad for putting bows on his ears! Lol and I still haven't broken the news to my fiance yet.

Haha! My friend had the same thing happen, except in reverse. She named her "boy" Peter, and now she has a female still named Peter :D

I got mine as a girl and she turned out to be a boy, too. Caused some bonding trials. But it all ended well!

This happened to me too. We thought Ralphy was a girl but then at 'her' check up the vet said he thought he was a boy but he couldn't tell because he is only about two months. But pretty sure she is a he.

Pre-pubescent teabags are a dead giveaway! ;)

It's usually pretty iffy before 10 wks, and here comes Swiffer on his 13th week when I finally found substantial evidence. There was absolutely no sign of a scrotum when Mikel bought him, hence why we've been saying "She". Lol I'm still happy with my Swiffer either way!

This thread is really giving me a much needed laugh :D
I remeber when I got one of my rescues in, a huge bun called Cuthbert, and I took him to my vets for the op that no self respecting mail bun would forgive us for, and the vet uptipped him to make sure I hadn't mis-sexed him.
His reaction of ''Good heavens!! No doubt about the sex of this young man!!'' really made me laugh. Cuthbert was hung like a prize bull, I think even the vet was jealous :D
Sadly all good things come to an end, and for the very best reasons of course, Cuthberts Most Marvelous Manhood was very short lived after that.
Sorry Cuthbert, but think how much easier it is on your spine now that you dont have all that weight to carry round underneath you....
:imsorry:
:eek:

One of my sister's bucks has a huge wee-wee. Bruiser also has prize bull status, and he's only a wee little Holland! Lol

I'm glad we could bring you a smile. Swiffer gave me a couple extra to share ;)

That's how I ended up with a girl named Nermal! My family objected, they said I should change her name, but it was too late. She is Nermal. I told them they could call her Nerma, Irma, or Norma if they were really fussy though!

Back