whadya think?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaya17

Reaction score
This my new himi doe Georgia, I already know she's pretty nice for a doe, which always seem to have huge hips for himi's
IMAG0603.jpg

She already has two legs, but do you think BIS is possible in the future, also her haunches seems a bit pinched, do you know what judges think about that in himilayans?

I've only hadHimmies for a couple of years, but your doe seems to have good length!. Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it looks almost like her hips are a little wider than the rest of her body.I checked the SOP, and the body typecounts almost 1/3 of the total points. Whether the hips are wider than thebody,or pinched, would take awaypoints. It's hard to see her boots and egg, but her ears and tail look good. Markingsare 40% of the total.

I had a doe that did pretty well when I showed her, but her problem was that her hips werea little wider than her body and counted against her. Himalayans aren't very popular around here, so it was very difficult toqualify for legs, even when they won BOB.

Do you have a top view and a straight-on side view so we can evaluate the top line better?

I've never heard the term "pinched" used to describe the hindquarters of a Himi - remember that the Standard states that the body type does not lend itself to a rounded hindquarter.

As far as winning Best In Show - depends on the judge and the competition. I don't see too many Himis win BIS - they have to be absolutely fabulous.

Latest posts

Back