Wet corner

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wick

Reaction score
Hello
Just bought my little girl a rabbit and wooden hutch.
Im cleaning out the toilet corner daily and replacing with fresh wood shavings, BUT it seems no matter how deep i fill the corner with wood shaving,the wee always soaks through to the wooden floor.
Ive even tried putting a whole folded newspaper under the wood shavings,but still it soaks through.
Anyone got any ideas on how to stop this? (im thinking it will rot the wood faster,or will the wood be ok,it istreated with a wood stain)
thanks for any help

I would use a litter box and Carefresh litter rather than wood shavings. They do make corner litter boxes if that is the only kind that will fit. Also please make sure that the wood shavings are bunny safe :D.

I second the litter box! A plastic litter box would work much better.

Just put it in the corner that she is peeing in, put some dirty litter in it, and she should start going in the litter box.

Also, wood shavings aren't very absorbent. I use a compressed wood pellet designed for horse stalls. It absorbs way better than any litter I've tried.

--Dawn

Back