Wet bum & small poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kassidylangiano

Reaction score
So my baby has been having little poops recently but then he's not eating as much hay as normal as he's not loving the batch iv got. However he is eating it.... He's drinking plenty still and running around as normal and seems himself.

However I just caught him peeing on my carpet and although that's not my isse my issue is he still has a wet bum... Now he is very fluffy as he's part lionhead and I just didn't know if this is normal or not?

I'm taking him to the vets in the next two weeks to find out if he's old enough to be fixed is it something I should bring up with the vet or am I worrying over nothing?

Iv never checked his bum this soon after he's had a wee so I don't know if this is normal or not... He's still cleaning himself in every way as far as I can tell...

Just need some advice on what to do

A tiny bit of pee on the fur around the genitals may not be unusual, and usually gets cleaned up right away by the bun. But urine soaked fur isn't, as long as the bun has a clean litter box and it isn't happening from sitting in a pee puddle from having an accident outside of the litter box. The urine soaked fur can happen from a rabbit not squatting properly, possibly due to something like arthritis affecting the rabbits posture when peeing. Unusual peeing outside of the litter box, dribbling urine, and/or urine soaked fur can also occur when a rabbit has a UTI or possibly bladder sludge. If this was just a one off thing, your bun may be fine, but keep a close eye on him and if it continues to occur and/or he shows any other symptoms of something being wrong, get your bun checked. Urine soaked fur is never a normal thing for rabbits.
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/urinary.html

With the small poop and hay eating, maybe try and get a different bag of hay. It would also be a good idea to have his teeth checked(conscious exam) when you see the vet, to rule that out as a cause. Also, I like to have a thorough dental exam done when my rabbits are already having a GA for their neuters. Then the vet can get a really good look at the teeth while the rabbit is already under for the neuter/spay.

Latest posts

Back