Wesley's not eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordiwes

Reaction score
Wesley has been refusing food (and treats!)since last night. We've taken him downstairs for some tummy massagesbut didn't have any Ovol on hand. I hear gurgling coming from hisstomach. I don't know what could've caused it! Jordi's making up for itby eating her portion and his portion of food.

He is drinking and peeing everywhere except the litter box.

I'm taking him to the vet after work if he's still not eating by lunchtime.

Please keep my baby boy in your thoughts.

Thanks!

Oh Poor Wesley!

Hopefully, its just a bit of gas or something.

I'll be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. :pray: :pray:

Let us know what the vet says (but I hope you dont need to take him).

-Haley and the boys

Dill was sick as a dog... (what asilly expression)... last night as well. He scared me half todeath. He refused his pellets and a piece of apple.:shock: He was cold and flopped in the litter box.

I thought it might be a UTI or kidney issue because he had been'squatting' with no results. I tried giving him some carrotjuice with the syringe, he wouldn't have any part ofit. Then just as a precaution, I hauled out theOvol. And he actually took that! He must haveknown.Poof! An hour later, he was doingbinkies!

So don't panic, it really is mostly likely a bit of gas, it's the mostcommon thing. Hopefully you can get some Ovol and it willclear right up!

Meanwhile, maybemassages and exercise will do the trick.

Kisses and nose pats and REALLY GOOD VIBES for Wesley!

ss:pray:

How about some NutriCal and simethicone?

Either way, it won't hurt him if he doesn't need it.

:pray:

Oh, poor Wesley! I hope he's back to himself soon.

Like Carolyn said, Nutrical is great. You could try some wetparsley, too. That's the only thing Toby would eat when hehad his bout with stasis.

Carolyn wrote:
How about some NutriCal and simethicone?

Either way, it won't hurt him if he doesn't need it.

:pray:
Whoops, forgot that Ovol is a Canadian thing -- it is Simethicone.

And unfortunately, we're having a heck of a time finding NutriCal inCanada. (I was just looking an ebay listing forthree tubes of it, but they want a small fortune to ship it here).

Good suggestions.

More kisss and nose pats for Wesley

sas

Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes, I think they might have worked! I am cautiously optimistic.

Wesley was eating some hand fed romaine before I left for work and looking a little bit less miserable. Still no poops though.

Keep those good vibes coming, they seem to be working.

Quick question: do bunnies ever expel gas through their nose (like burping)?

While I was massaging Wesley today, he let a bunch of air out of hisnose a couple of times andI was wondering whether that washim huffing at me, or if it could possibly be gas.

Yay!! My hubby just reported that Wesley wolfeddown his treats like his normal self. He also passed a big cecal so Ithink he's feeling a lot better.

:litterfew:

I have a bad feeling about the feed that we've been getting. We've been mixing it with Oxbow, but now we're going 100% Oxbow.

Happy mommy right here!!

And I got to snuggle him for half an hour this morning while massaging his tummy! I've never snuggled him in my lap before!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers!
:kiss:

:litterhealthy:

Wesley is 100% again (ie. shoving Jordi out of the way to get hisfood). We are so happy. We went out for dinner last night to celebrate!

I bought a brand new bag of Oxbow and threw out the old food.

Thanks for asking! :hug2

Yay! Glad to hear it!:highfive::happydance :thumbup

And I love the visual of him shoving her out of the way, my Basil does the same!

I missed this :baghead But I'm glad to hear that Wesley is alright :bunny18

Latest posts

Back