Went to ARBA convention today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunniekrissy

Reaction score
Today my husband and I went to San Diego to see the bunnies at the ARBA national convention. The shows do not start until tomorrow, but the bunnies were mostly checked in already.

There were rows and rows of bunnies of all breeds!

I've been planning on getting an English Lop and a French Lop, and considered getting one at the the convention. However, when I first heard that the convention would be in SD this year, I thought I would be moved out of my parents' house. As it is, my husband and I still are staying with my parents for now, meaning my rabbits must stay in the garage. After seeing a few of these gorgeous bunnies, I decided I couldn't get one now only to keep it in the garage. (my current 2 bunnies have a huge pen, but I don't have another of those!) It will be much more fun when they can be inside, anyway.

Here are some of the rabbits we saw!

English Lops

HPIM0990.jpg

HPIM0922.jpg

HPIM0921.jpg

HPIM0920.jpg

French Lops
HPIM0933.jpg

HPIM0931.jpg

HPIM0932.jpg

HPIM0929.jpg

Netherland Dwarf
HPIM0985.jpg

Checkered Giant (and my husband's face)
HPIM0947.jpg

French Angora

We were amazed at how much fur these guys have!
HPIM0910.jpg

American Fuzzy Lop
HPIM0911.jpg

Silver Fox
HPIM0902.jpg

Champagne d'Argent
HPIM0900.jpg

English Lops!!! :inlove:

I really like the American Fuzzy Lop. It looks like a dog! LOL!

I went to Convention today too. Ill be there tomorrow. I hang around the tans and been looking at some britannia petites ill post up pictures also

the row of tans that made me go :O
arba.jpg

Lionhead. with the exhibition rabbits (not recognized)
arba2.jpg

Britannia Petite. Jr. Buck i wanted to buy but i found a better deal.
arba3.jpg

Chinchilla Dutch. with the exhibition rabbits (not recognized)
arba4.jpg

Checkered Giant. Jr.Buck i almost bought him he was so gorgeous.
arba5.jpg

Netherland Dwarf. BEW (so pretty!)
arba7.jpg

My new Tan Rabbit. Named Beyonce. she'll be judged tomorrow
arba6.jpg

Awesome pics!:inlove: Thanks so much for sharing them. I went to a show once a few years back at our civic center and the place was loaded with buns!:panic: The Flemies were huge!!:shock:

Goodness me...lot's of adorable bunnies!

Aw so many pretty bunnies :inlove:
So lucky you have rabbit shows!

Yurusumaji wrote:
English Lops!!! :inlove:

I really like the American Fuzzy Lop. It looks like a dog! LOL!

ha! ill make sure to get a picture of a french angora i dont even know what those could be described as. but they're none the less very adorable!

AND my new black tan shown above in my previous post took best of breed in the youth show. VERY good investment!!!

Yurusumaji wrote:

I know, right? I need to see when ARBA will be near here. ;)

oh and just look on bunnyrabbit.com they have most of the shows in texas listed

I had a friend that bred Tans, such a beautiful breed.

A friend of a friend which I have a on FB went and their doe got BSD? today. She said she was behond excited, I would be, too!

I can not wait to get to go back to a show, but it is not a place for insane bunny people with no self control and a pocket of money, no it is not! We missed the convention last year, I was SOOOO upset because it was only 3 hours away in Louisville. Ugg *whines*

Oh, the Checkered Giants... :biggrin2::inlove:

Some day I hope to show at an ARBA Convention... enjoy your time there - it looks like fun!!!!

Denise

Oh wow - thanks for showing the lionheads - I can hardly wait until they're presented on Wednesday to see how they do and if any colors pass this presentation.

It must be wonderful seeing so many rabbits at one time....

Must ... have... Chinchilla Dutch...!!!!!

arba4.jpg

Actually she looks pretty close in coloring to my Zappa, even though Zappa is a mix. My heart just aches for more Dutchies.... :hearts:

myheart

Latest posts

Back